Mutton suspected in food poisoning at school
Source of Article: http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=125&art_id=nw20090310081244750C106449
80 children from an Eastern Cape private school were admitted to hospital
with food poisoning on Monday night, an official said on Tuesday.
Provincial health department spokesperson Sizwe Kupelo said 81 of the 82
sick pupils from the Idutywa School of Excellence had been discharged from
hospital by Tuesday morning.
"Eighty-two children from a private high school in Idutywa had to be
treated for diarrhoea and vomiting after suspected food poisoning,"
"They were taken to Butterworth hospital last night (Monday night) and
one is still being treated for stomach cramps and vomiting.
"It is reported that on Sunday night they were served with mutton,
suspected to be the cause of the food poisoning." - Sapa
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org