Food Science Curriculum Program Manager
Battle Creek, Michigan, United States • REF5M
Do you have industry-specific Food Safety and/or Food Quality experience with a passion for sharing your knowledge? Additionally, do you enjoy being around high school students, developing impactful curriculum and teaching youth? If so, please consider the following newly developed opportunity serving the Battle Creek community...
The Global Food Protection Institute (GFPI) is seeking candidates for a Food Science Curriculum Program Manager. This position reports to the Director of Curriculum in a hybrid role responsible for the development, coordination, and instruction of the Food Science Program for the Calhoun Area Career Center (CACC), a career and technical education (CTE) program for 11th and 12th graders in public and private school districts, throughout the Calhoun Intermediate School District (CISD). This position will additionally support the International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI) as the industry specific subject matter expert developing food safety curriculum relative to private industry.
GFPI is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization driving the adoption of food protection policies and practices for a safer global food supply - A community of action advancing food protection. Formed in 2009 and located in Battle Creek, Michigan, initial funding for the Institute was provided through a grant from the W.K Kellogg Foundation.
The Institute's mission is to improve public health and reduce mortality, morbidity and the economic costs associated with foodborne illnesses through three core initiatives:
Building the training infrastructure for the national integrated food safety system - The Training Institute.
Advancing novel food protection technologies for the world - The Accelerator.
Convening communities of action in facilitation of the adoption of policies and practices that will lead to improved public health - The Symposia.
Career and Technical Education Instructor
· Coordinates, develops, and instructs all curriculum related functions for the Food Science Program.
· Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study following curriculum guidelines/state requirements.
· Plan and conduct instructional activities for a balanced program that offers students opportunities to observe, question and investigate, either in groups or individually.
· Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects and clearly and concisely communicate those objectives to students.
· Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials in order to prevent injury and/or damage equipment.
· Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by law and district policies.
· Make referrals to job placement services.
· Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order and a safe school environment.
· Collaborate with other Instructors and administrators in the development, evaluation and revision of CTE school programs.
· Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
· Prepare materials for classroom for class activities.
· Assign and grade class work and homework.
· Attend staff meetings, PLC’s and serve on committees as required.
· Use technology and other materials to supplement curriculum and lessons.
· Supervise CTE Instructional Support Staff assigned to program/classroom.
· Maintain instructional/classroom records as requested/required.
· Maintain a regular consistent attendance, punctuality and professional personal appearance.
· Adhere to district health and safety procedures and Board Policies.
· Maintain confidentiality.
IFPTI Industry Subject Matter Expert
· Act as a subject matter expert (SME) providing industry specific food science and safety knowledge and content for the development of IFPTI courses.
· Participates in course conceptual development and planning meetings for industry specific related courses.
· As assigned, assume responsibility for content development after conceptual development phase.
· Develop content utilizing varied delivery modalities.
· Ensures compliance with copyright laws pertaining to design and use of instructional materials.
· Ability to effectively lead and further a collaborative mission-focused culture.
· Other duties assigned as the organization evolves over time.
· Bachelor's degree in a related food science or safety related field with ten (10+) years of industry work experience in food safety/science (i.e., quality assurance) required; fifteen (15+) or more years preferred.
· Either have or will acquire Vocational Education Instructor Certification with in a two (2) year period as required.
· Adult face-to-face, hybrid, and eLearning teaching experience desired, but not mandatory. Some instructor led facilitation is preferred.
· Experience creating learning and teaching materials using a variety of media.
· Demonstrate excellent communication, coordination, project management and organizational skills.
· Demonstrate excellent instructional design and website development skills.
· Demonstrate exceptional skills in creating course materials for on-site and eLearning courses with a focus on adult learning methodology.
· Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration orientation.
· Familiarity with IACET and ANSI standards.
· Possesses the knowledge, intellect, temperament, and flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced, collegial, and energetic environment.
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills; able to communicate with a broad and diverse audience.
· Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a complex team effort.
· Committed to delivering results and holding self to the highest ethical standards.
· History of success in roles requiring logical, systematic thinking while managing multiple priorities in a highly dynamic environment.
· Dedication to good writing and a demonstrated record of such.
· Ability to organize and meet deadlines for a wide variety of job requests that involve many production steps leading to the finished product. Must be able to handle numerous projects at one time.
· Comfortable working in a culture of constant change and multiple reporting structures.
· Must be a self-starter, requiring a minimum of direction for completing assignments.
· Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities on many levels externally and internally.
· Passion for working with high school students, including all the challenges associated with teaching youth.
· Must be proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, LMS/DMS applications, eLearning, creating PDF files, and varied media applications for training purposes.
Physical Factors/Working Conditions: Work is generally performed within an classroom/office environment, with standard office equipment available. Work requires standing, walking, and light lifting. Included is exposure to a wide range of travel conditions (walking, lifting, driving, riding in vehicles, hotel stays, weather conditions).
GFPI provides a generous benefits package, but the option to work as a consultant can be discussed as well. Employees enjoy competitive pay, comprehensive benefits (insurances, retirement, PTO, leave options), and a variety of additional perks. The organizational culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial, collegial, nimble, as well as fun, focused, and hard working. Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.
To apply, please click on the Apply Now tab and submit your resume, a cover letter including salary expectations, and complete all fields in the application. Partial submissions will only delay the process. We look forward to seeing what you have to offer GFPI and CACC.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org