UK: Toxin forces mussel bed closure

Source of Article:  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/north_west/8017237.stm

High levels of a toxin which can cause food poisoning has been found in mussels at Rhos on Sea, Conwy.

Diarrhetic Shellfish Poisoning is caused by marine algae and can cause stomach ache and diarrhoea if eaten in large amounts.

The mussel bed has been temporarily closed by Conwy council and the Foods Standards Agency to prevent the gathering of further shellfish.

Further sampling is being carried out along the shoreline.

 

 

 

 

Main Page

setstats            Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com

            If you have any comments, please send your email to info@foodhaccp.com