The Scientist-Rheology position provides an excellent opportunity to
build and apply scientific and rheological expertise to a wide range of
leading food products and related food systems in a fast-paced rewarding
environment. This Rheologist position requires
a PhD with, 0-3 years of experience after the degree. This will be a 1
year position, with the potential to hire full time after that period.
The person should have a strong hands-on experience in experimental
rheology and rheometers.
Key responsibilities include the following:
• Leverage a strong Rheology and scientific understanding to support
various R&D projects for a broad range of food systems.
• Apply current and develop new and innovative rheological approaches and
understanding to solve practical problems.
• Develop and apply a broad physical characterization expertise.
• Develop and apply ingredient, formulation and process understanding
governing rheology & texture of food systems.
• Collaborate across R&D as a cross-functional team member and
develop technical leadership.
• Communicate effectively technical findings to project team and
management - maintain lab notebook, write technical reports and present
• Build, maintain and leverage strong internal and external network of
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
• Required 1 yr. to 2 yrs. experience using tools including; ARES,
ARES-G2, MCR301, Texture Analyzers, AR-2000.
• Highly motivated PhD in Engineering or Sciences with a strong proven
expertise in Rheology.
• 1-2 years of postdoctoral or industrial experience will be a plus.
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding in the following areas: Polymer
Science & Rheology, Physical Chemistry & Process Engineering.
• Strong experimental skills, with the demonstrated ability to apply
scientific findings to solve practical problems.
• Passion to apply multi-disciplined background to Food Industry.
• Excellent interpersonal & project management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to build strong customer/client relationships.