Date: Jul 9, 2013
Location: Plano, TX, USA
· Utilize scientific methods to develop knowledge that creates business opportunities that support the company strategic market objectives.
· Provide technical and business risk assessment/perspectives related to new product development.
· Design and execute experiments, and analyze and interpret data to make sound technical recommendations on product and process issues.
· Initiate innovation and development of new technology to maintain and grow the Frito-Lay business.
· Leverage external and internal experts for key analytical and sensory research.
· Perform basic economic evaluations on ingredients, ingredients suppliers, and product formulations
· Develop product formulations that leverages expertise in food chemistry and food ingredient functionality
· Develop complete product attribute specifications for new products.
· Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
· Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Marketing, Purchasing, Engineering and other groups.
· Participate in quality/product improvement and productivity initiatives.
· A minimum of 5 Years Experience (Experience in Food Science Research and Product Development)
· Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives.
· Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources.
· Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions.
· The ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments.
· Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks.
· Strong communication skills (oral and written).
· Extensive experience in ingredient functionality and product formulation.
· Proven ability to deconstruct development challenges and issues into fundamental problems and design product solutions.
· Retains a substantial connection with academic. leaders/institutions and ability to leverage network for solutions and results. Possess a formal and informal network with federal and state agencies, professional and research organizations, and universities.
· Proven ability to design and complete basic and applied research.
· Track record of technical coaching and mentorship.
· Must be willing and able to travel 15% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employment M/F/D/V
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com