Food Quality Manager – Feed My Starving Children – Eagan, MN
Full-time Position – Eagan, MN
The Food Quality Manager develops, coordinates, and directs Feed My Starving Children’s (FMSC) food quality program to ensure the quality and safety of all food products manufactured at FMSC facilities and events. The incumbent will ensure compliance with all pertinent local, state, andfederal regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement policies, processes, and procedures that ensure the highest level of food quality and safety.
• Investigate and resolve final product and raw material quality issues.
• Develop, initiate, and maintain standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
• Design, implement, and maintain food quality training programs for volunteers and employees, working in conjunction with managers and supervisors.
• Audit FMSC facilities and offsite MobilePack events to ensure compliance with internal policies and federal, state, and local regulatory authorities. Identify deficiencies, assign corrective actions, and resolve all non-compliance.
• Interface with other Operations Department personnel to ensure quality policies and procedures are adhered to in the supply chain and production operations functions.
• Maintain a working knowledge of government codes and regulations and industry standards pertaining to food safety and quality.
• Represent the company during Food & Drug Administration and other regulatory inspections.
• Maintain working relationships with vendors and audit vendor locations and programs to ensure compliance with FMSC quality standards.
• Design and manage annual food safety and quality program budget.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• Commitment to support and promote FMSC’s Christian mission and goals.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in food science, environmental health, or related field.
• Minimum of 1 -3 years’ experience in food safety and quality; experience in a manufacturing setting and technical knowledge and use of GMPs, HACCP and labeling standards preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to interpret food regulations and manage risk.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement policies, processes, and procedures.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; ability to effectively
communicate information to all levels of internal and external contacts.
• Proven leadership, decision-making and collaboration skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of detail, accuracy and follow-up.
• Self-starter with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to actively identify, analyze and solve problems.
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Salaried position. Typical workweek is Monday-Friday during daytime business hours.
15-20% local and domestic travel necessary.
Provides supervision to: None
Supervisor: Director of Operations
To apply, e-mail cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011.
Please note “Food Quality Manager” & your first & last name in the e-mail subject line.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com