Source of Article: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/09/08/2358175.htm?section=justin
Lawyers for victims of a Garibaldi food poisoning outbreak have
told the District Court in
A five-year-old girl died and more than 20 other people went into hospital after eating smallgoods contaminated with e-coli, in 1995.
The court heard the company's $10 million insurance package would not be enough to cover future medical expenses of all survivors, some of whom will need multiple organ transplants.
Last June, the SA Government again promised there would be free health care for victims, but a lawyer for one of the victims says it remains unclear what the crown is prepared to pay for.
The case has been adjourned until December.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com