Remember what excitement felt like? Find that feeling
again at a company that Bill Gates says is "shaping the future."
At Hampton Creek, we're artists. And engineers. We're biochemists, food
scientists and chefs. And all of us—every single day—feel that excitement.
You'll work with our Bakery Innovation Team on
formulation testing, recipe validation, bench top baking, data recording,
and more. You'll have a killer eye for detail, be experienced in analyzing
products (specifically baked goods), eager to join in on our sensory
analysis sessions, be a diligent data documenter/recorder, and a master
measurer of ingredients.
As a Food Technologist/Scientist with Hampton Creek,
you will have the unique opportunity to provide insight in the area of egg
replacement technology and develop baked goods based on this technology.
You will independently design & conduct experiments, develop products
from concept to commercialization. The successful candidate will be a
solutions oriented individual with strong time management/prioritization
skills and demonstrates excellent communication skills with all business
- Research into new plant sources & ingredients,
plan and execute experiment /interpret results, report results and follow
- Develop and implement action plans for projects, including DOE, bench top
execution and forming analytical conclusions for next steps
- Evaluate and utilize technical information (external and internal) and
lead development through application for egg free baked goods
- Ability to work with suppliers to identify technical solutions to project
- Design experiments and develop SOPs
- Document findings with extreme attention to detail
- Minimum 2 years experience
developing and commercializing baked products with M.S., or
- Minimum 4 years experience
developing and commercializing baked products with B.S.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in science, food
science, baking science or related field.
- An uncanny curiosity and passion for food.
- Extensive knowledge /understanding of ingredient functionality, food
chemistry related to baked goods. An understanding of heat/mass transfer
principles, thermal kinetics and its relation to baking preferred.
- Strong formulation, processing used in bakery manufacturing essential.
- Understand sensory testing principles and ability to implement
appropriate tests. Knowledge of statistics is a plus.
- Killer communication skills: interpersonal, presentation, oral and written.
- A strong inclination to drive your own success, critical thinker, and
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high performing environment.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point. Genesis a plus.