Associate Scientist-HOP02071 – Hopkins, MN
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 140,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Dressings, Sauces & Oils trades, manufactures and sells refined vegetable and tropical oils and animal fat to a wide range of food and non-food manufacturers. The business produces shortenings, frying oils, mayonnaise, dressings, and sauces for the foodservice industry. Customers include major food manufacturers, broad-line distributors, and quick service and casual dining restaurant chains. Non-food industrial applications include ingredients for paint, candles and biodiesel manufacturing. The business operates seven oil refineries, five shortening and oil packaging plants, and three mayonnaise, salad dressing and culinary sauce facilities. These operations are located in California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, North Carolina and Ohio. The business is integrated with Cargill's soybean crushing activities, which offer crude soybean oil for further processing.
Leverages scientific knowledge to support customers in the Foodservice Oils segment. Incumbent is expected to support Food Service Oils Research & Development team in delivering value-added technical solutions to customers. This will encompass fry studies, sensory evaluation, sample preparation, laboratory testing and report writing.
40% - Responsible for conducting fried food studies and other
foodservice product related projects. Includes assisting in planning,
execution, interpretion and reporting of results.
Maintain fry lab and oil blending area including, but not limited to: inventory
and ordering of supplies, cleaning of equipment and work area and overseeing
· Four-year undergraduate degree in a related scientific discipline, such as Food Science, Chemistry, Food Technology
· Understanding of basic food safety requirements
· Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· Demonstrated teamwork and the ability to effectively collaborate with others
· Effective oral, written, presentation and communication skills
· Ability to handle a variety of food products, including raw meats
Ability to lift 35 lbs. routinely
· Master's degree in a related scientific discipline, such as Food Science, Chemistry, Food Technology
· 1+ years of Food Industry experience
· Experience in fats and oils
· Knowledge of food sensory evaluation methods
· Laboratory analytical experience
· Technical research skills
· Experience in food preparation in a restaurant environment
· Proven ability to behave in accordance with Cargill values and ethics
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org