Holidaymakers expect long claims battle
Source of Article: http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/news/Holidaymakers-expect-long-salmonella-compensation-battle/article-544873-detail/article.html
Saturday, December 13, 2008, 06:30
Hundreds of people who stayed at The Holiday Village in the resort of Sarigerme were struck down by the potentially deadly bacteria.
As first reported in the Mail in September, east Hull-based solicitor Neil Hudgell is representing five clients against tour operator First Choice.
In a letter sent to clients, Mr Hudgell said: "First Choice is carrying out background inquiries into the claims, of which you know there are many hundreds.
"I will let you know as soon as I hear further, but I am not expecting substantial progress in the very near future."
But Julie Harrod,
Miss Harrod had been hoping to relax with partner Andrew Taylor and children James, 11, and Alexander, eight.
Instead, she spent most of her time suffering from severe vomiting, diarrhoea and stomach cramps.
The auxiliary nurse, who could not return to work for nine weeks, told the Mail: "I am still angry and upset that our holiday was ruined.
"But it is made worse by the fact First Choice is not acknowledging what happened to all these people. I want compensation. It is only right. The holiday was ruined."
Speaking at the time, First Choice blamed the illness on an "airborne virus".
A spokeswoman for the firm said: "First Choice can confirm the Harrod family's complaint is with our legal department and is being investigated.
"In this instance, as the Harrod family is pursuing legal action, First Choice will be in touch with their solicitor in due course.
"We are unable to comment further on this particular case so as to ensure that our comments do not unduly interfere or influence any future legal proceedings."
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org