Food Safety & Quality Manager-13005895 - Ohio-Cleveland
PTC Solon is the
lead development center for frozen and chilled culinary products. Our mission
is to create differentiating technologies and to deliver innovative products
to delight consumers and create profitable growth for our business.
PTC Solon is the lead development center for frozen and chilled culinary products. Our mission is to create differentiating technologies and to deliver innovative products to delight consumers and create profitable growth for our business.
This Position is responsible for managing the HACCP process from development through industrialization. This includes designing safety into our products and transferring this “state of the art” knowledge to our markets and factories. Proactive interaction with the Nestlé international expert network provides opportunity to contribute and to stay current with the latest scientific and technological information.
· Manage the HACCP development process, including validation of novel control measures.
· Manage the food safety assessment for Development Projects.
· Provide expert consultation to markets concerning food safety.
· Design and execute challenge studies & other such experimental studies.
· Contribute to potential hazardous materials assessment and Global Early Warning Systems.
· Represent PTC Solon at Scientific and Industry Conferences
· Drive the Knowledge Management Process by communicating the latest food quality & safety developments
· Evaluate food safety systems for continuous improvement opportunities via auditing, process evaluation, research, and trend analysis
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Minimum of a Master’s degree in Microbiology or Food Science. Doctoral degree preferred. Must be able to practically apply scientific knowledge to product and process safety. An aptitude for research and experimental design is an asset.
At least 8 years’ experience in the food industry. Food Safety and Product Development within food manufacturing facilities is desired. HACCP expertise is required.
• Strong technical and analytical skills. Credible within the research community.
• Aptitude for experimental design.
• Effective communication. Convince others to embrace food safety. Speak clearly to technical & non-technical people.
• Team member. Leverage expertise within the Nestlé network and convince operations to adopt.
• Deliver results according to plan.
• Available to travel 30%.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Nestle Research & Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org