Source from: http://www.foodreference.com/
Controversial sterilizing treatment.Down
8. Frequent symptom caused by Salmonella
9. A frequent culprit in Salmonella outbreaks.
11. 'Mad cow'
13. Infectious protein particle thought to be responsible for diseases
like scrapie, BSE
14. Disinfectant, Atomic number 17
15. Small usually single-celled
reproductive body produced by certain bacteria and algae and fungi
16. A bacterium
that's been the focus of recent illnesses related to fast food and the meat industry.
17. For a while, New Jersey banned selling them 'rare' or 'med rare'
A plant food possibly implicated in a 1996 E. coli outbreak in Japan involving
over 8,000 people.
2. The low pH of fruit is unfavorable for bacteria growth,
but is favorable for this single cell fungi which can cause spoilage in fruit.
Toxin produced by some bacteria that is specific for intestinal cells.
maximum time Hollandaise can be kept unrefrigerated.
5. Household kitchen item
that is usually the most bacterial contaminated item in the home.
6. An animal
or plant that lives in or on another and from which it obtains nourishment
An agent that destroys disease-carrying microorganisms
10. A fungus that infects
various cereal plants forming compact black masses of branching filaments that
replace many grains of the plant
12. Causes staphylococcal food poisoning _
15. One of the oldest food preservatives
To see the solution,
FOOD SAFETY TEMPERATURE DANGER ZONE