& Food Safety Technician - Hackettstown, NJ 07840
Q&FS Technician -
The Q&FS (Quality & Food Safety) Technician provides leadership to
develop, implement, maintain and proactively improve quality management
programs, methods and systems to assure product, processes and environments
conform to the established Mars Quality standards for the Hackettstown
Printshop manufacturing location. Additionally, this role will be responsible
for ensuring all current External Manufacturers (co-pack) meet Mars Quality
standards and evaluating & approving new External Manufacturers for use
by M&Ms Retail.
What are we looking for?
- BS degree in Chemistry, Food Science,
Quality, Engineering, or related technical field preferred. Or high
school degree or equivalent mandatory with many years of experience in
- 1-2 years of experience in manufacturing
and/or quality & food safety role(s).
- Knowledge of quality management systems,
GMP’s, food safety, and regulatory guidelines.
- Full working knowledge of computer
software including: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Preferred
knowledge of cloud-based software including: SharePoint/OneDrive and
Skype for Business.
- Knowledge of pest control management.
- Auditing experience preferred.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Communicate with Operations/External
Manufacturer and Q&FS Manager on product quality, food safety and/or
plant conditions which may have a negative impact on product and work
together to remedy the situation. In the case of finished product,
perform follow-up testing until situation is corrected and product disposition
is resolved in a quality conscious manner.
- Promote Good Manufacturing Practices and
compliance to federal, state and local food laws at all manufacturing
- Provide on-site/local support to Incident
owner for incident management at Supplier sites including maintaining
and report hold/rejected product and assuring its proper disposition and
documentation for all manufacturing locations.
- Maintain 3-5 external manufacturing
supplier base in the USA, ensuring key quality & food safety
documentation/assessments are in place for all external manufacturers.
- Lead external manufacturing approval and
the development process through initial audit and provide final Q&FS
approval with ongoing primary supplier recommendations.
- Create and maintain a quality audit
schedule for all external manufacturing locations and internal audits at
the Hackettstown site.
- Active partnership with Supply/Logistics
and R&D functions to recommend production locations, Q&FS
considerations & requirements for products.
- Develop and report on Q&FS metrics
for external manufacturing locations, including consumer & customer
- Actively work towards quality and food
safety improvements at the Hackettstown Site (e.g. final product, plant
conditions, pest control, consumer & customer complaints/service)
and improvement in productivity.
- At the Hackettstown Printshop Site,
implement and maintain Quality systems to drive continuous improvement –
Corrective & Preventative Actions (CAPA), Nonconformance (Holds),
Incident resolution & learnings (PRIMP), consumer & customer
feedback, internal audit, Kosher and other food certification programs,
Q&FS training, Metal (CCP) & foreign object mitigation, etc.
- Develop and deliver Q&FS training
materials and best practices.
- Champion action plans to address
production related programs to trend, report & address consumer and
customer feedback for the Hackettstown Printshop.
What can you expect from Mars?
- The opportunity to learn, develop and
take charge of your own career.
- An industry competitive salary and
- To be respected and valued.
- The Five Principles at the center of
every decision we make.
- The opportunity to work cross
functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to
If you’re passionate about our brands, a great strategic thinking, deliver
high quality decision and have a high drive for results, then we want to hear
from you. Click ‘apply’ in this position.