Amazon.com Services LLC
- Bachelorís Degree in food science,
microbiology or related field.
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual
- 3 years of experience in food
manufacturing and/or auditing.
- Exceptional risk assessment skills (regulatory
requirements, safety and quality risks).
- Ability to work independently and
- Self-motivated with critical attention to
detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Ability to travel 40% of the time.
At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric
company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and
driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy
anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a Food Safety Manager to join our team.
Our vision for Food Safety is to support Amazonís mission of offering the
widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from
potential hazardous products. We are looking for a dynamic, organized
self-starter to join our Food Safety department, focusing on our private
label foods. The position will be located in Seattle. This is an exciting
opportunity to work in a highly visible space and be part of a vibrant and
Needed Skills and Abilities:
- Influencer: Food Safety Manager with the
ability to identify opportunities, influence business teams and
operations to gain support for food safety and overcome resistance by
creating strong, persuasive, balanced positions through the use of data.
- Leader: Significant experience
collaborating with and influencing cross-functional teams. Track record
of implementing food safety programs within a business.
- Doer: No job is too trivial. Compliance
leaders dive deep and have exceptional attention to detail. Must have
the ability to successfully visualize and drive end-to-end process
requirements, program implementation, and continuous improvement,
working through the many obstacles along the way.
- Communicator: Ability to communicate food
safety and quality expectations and requirements with business leaders
and all cross-functional support teams at all levels of the
organization. Must have the ability to write well-reasoned and
data-driven white papers, leveraging science, research, industry
benchmarking and trends where necessary.
- Problem Solver: Exceptional
problem-solving skills required. Crisis events require quick,
high-judgment decisions, and the ability to direct teams to work through
As a high-level summary the deliverables are:
- Coordinate food safety and quality audits
with manufacturing facilities including communication of audit process
- Audit facilities against the Amazon
Ingestible Audit Standard.
- Create audit reports and close out
corrective action plans within agreed to timeframe.
- Refine audit process as needed.
- Attend first production runs to ensure
product and process match what is defined in the technical product
- Manage third party auditing provider if
- Define and monitor metrics to track
compliance and process effectiveness.
- Propose and work independently on
projects that drive efficiencies and standardization.
- Keep abreast of emerging issues in food
safety and quality as it relates to manufacturing facilities.
- Masterís Degree in food science,
microbiology or related field.
- Experience with pet food categories.
- Understanding of various food product
categories and processing steps.
- In-depth knowledge of GFSI standards and
how they relate to each other.
- Experience working with international
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation,
please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $$98,000 to 148,000/[yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on
job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted
stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition
to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on
the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay
Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should
apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site