Safety & GMP Manager - Atlanta, GA 30313
The Coca-Cola Company
Food Safety & GMP Manager
Scope, & Impact:
- The scope of the role is global
- The role has direct impact and influence
in the End-to-End operations across the entire value chain, innovation
pipeline, technical governance and technical operations globally.
- The strategic footprint of the role spans
from technical operations globally connecting through food safety
assessments, food safety culture, good manufacturing practices across
OU’s, new ventures and franchise bottling partners.
- The role is directly responsible for the
TCCS networked organization Food Safety and GMP strategy across the
- The Food Safety and GMP Manager will also
be responsible for ensuring that the Company standards of quality and
food safety are met for all new and existing Company products.
- The Manager will be an acknowledged
expert both within and outside of the organization with in-depth
knowledge of food safety and good manufacturing practices.
- Set global goals and roadmap for
achieving short- and long-term GMP and Food Safety goals.
- Provides hands on operational support to
OUs and Bottling Partners around the world to diagnose and solve
specific problems related to GMP and food safety
- Accountable and responsible for technical
training content for food safety and GMP
- Works closely with the technical internal
audit team to build successful practices based on maturity and
capability across the system.
- Participate in external
organizations/committees/boards such as scientific or industry groups to
ensure requirements remain current and reflect the latest thinking in
food safety and GMP
The global Food Safety and GMP manager will set the end-to-end
food safety and GMP culture as well as agenda. Ensure and orchestrate within
the networked organization the implementation of GMP and Food Safety programs
cross functionally across Corporate, OUs and franchise bottling partners.
The following areas define the key focus of the role:
- Food Safety and GMP strategy: Set and
orchestrate the programs to improve business efficiency, cashflow and
savings (People, Processes, and Technology)
- Governance, compliance: Ensure all Food
Safety and GMP requirements are in place. Driving programs that drive
improvement in performance.
- Operations: Leadership to the OU and
bottling partners in Root cause analyses on GMP and Food Safety
- Building capability: Raise the GMP and
Food Safety knowledge across the network via trainings, networks
projects and documenting knowledge sharing
- Accountable for the reduction and
elimination of GMP issues resulting in trade quality incidents globally.
- Create the long- term GMP and Food Safety
next practices and culture.
- End-to-end GMP risk assessment based on
audit compliance data and development of action plans that address
maturity and capability issues
- Drive engagement with the system partners
and lead initiative planning across the networked organization to
- Leadership in Root cause analyses to OUs
and Bottling partners
- SPOC person for the global end-to-end GMP
across all categories and geographies
- Increase GMP awareness through internal
networking, external relationships and associate training
- Represent Q&FS in the development of
metrics to measure success
Influence and alignment with stakeholders at most senior levels
internally and externally, including TLT, ELT and OU leadership, Global
TI&SC leadership, System Franchise Bottling partners leadership, Supply
Chain partners, Government and Industry stakeholders.
- Work with internal functions and networks
– Flavor Supply, R&D, CPS, CEPG, SRA, PACS, SC.
- Define and communicate across TCCS a
quality and food safety culture with "driving QSE maturity and
culture to enable QFS excellence” is possible mindset.
- Deal predominately with situations where
other parties have shared interests or opposing interests related to QFS
agenda development and implementation plans.
- Think outside-in and is well connected,
involve a broader set of stakeholders in decision making.
- Communication, negotiation and engagement
with multiple key stakeholders to influence and gain alignment on the
short- and the long- term operational sustainability strategies and
- Influence and shape negotiations with
strategic partners outside the system, such as GFSI.
Minimum Education Required:
- At least 10 years food/beverage
manufacturing experience. Bachelor’s Degree required Master’s Degree
and/or Ph.D. preferred. Certification in Food Safety also preferred or
demonstrated operational knowledge and experience
Experience and leadership competencies
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Food
Safety and GMP > 10 years of experience
- HACCP: SME level, practical application
in SSD, water, juices and dairy.
- Food Safety: SME in food safety area,
able to develop process for technology validation and run validation
processes; understand principles for most beverage production
technologies; capable of challenging the status –quo; and participate in
technology improvement based on the results of validation.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: SME
knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices. This includes understanding
of Company and regulatory guidelines.
- Manufacturing Processes: Knowledge of
food and beverage manufacturing processes and Company products & ingredient
sensitivity and risk, understand their compatibility requirement with
bottler processing and market conditions. This includes hygienic
facility design, cleaning and sanitation, pest control, and overall
- Risk Analysis/Management: Knowledge of
and ability to manage the risk analysis/management process consisting of
four components: Risk Monitoring, Risk Assessment, Risk Management and
- Global experience preferred, but minimum
of multi country operational experience needed.
- Mastery in leading networks and working
with remote teams
- High level competency in leading
- Ensures accountability
- Excellent communicator
- Recognized across the industry internally
and externally as an influential thought leader in food safety and GMP
- Project Management: Knowledge of project
management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools and
techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or work plans to
ensure successful completion (e.g. on time, within budget).
- KORE: Knowledge and application of The
Coca-Cola Operating Requirements to ensure consistent, food safety,
quality, protect the Company’s trademarks, promote customer and consumer
satisfaction and respond to changing business needs. Able to make a link
between KORE and regulatory compliance when it comes to food safety.
- Statistics and statistical process
control: Basic Knowledge of SPC Techniques
Internal and External communications:
- Is a recognized subject matter expert
across the Company and works closely with other relevant functions
- Works with employer federations and
external communities of practice
- Works with Universities and Academic
- Builds alignment across the System –
working with Technical Function Heads, OU QSE & Technical Directors
and System Partners
- Represents the Company at relevant
conferences and events
- Collaborates within all areas of the
Technical function to maintain food safety and GMP requirements,
knowledge and training content.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is
grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference.
We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible
and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We
focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and
value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is
one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit
Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can
bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age,
national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other
federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information
as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance
with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable