Safety, Quality, Regulatory Specialist - Chariton, IA 50049
Full Job Description
Job Title: Food, Safety, Quality, Regulatory (FSQR) Specialist
Location: Produce Commissary Facility, Chariton IA Revision
The individual in this position will be involved with all aspects of Quality
and Food Safety to ensure safe and wholesome food for our customers. This
individual will work closely with production employees, supervisors and
regulatory staff. This individual will work with staff and suppliers to
ensure the food source is safe and wholesome.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Fill out daily task paperwork and ensure
it is complete daily in a timely manner.
- Assist R&D and Upper management with
development of new products and procedures as is necessary.
- Review daily samples of all production
runs, ensuring proper containers, lids, dating and product are used.
- Conduct daily audits on employees to make
sure they're following the Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Monitor daily allergen sequences and
assist production with sequence of production runs.
- Ensure daily collection of ATP swabs and
weekly collection of Listeria swabs product for presence of Listeria.
- Performs pre-operational sanitation
checks on equipment as needed.
- Monitor facility room temperatures, tote
wash temperatures, and pre-wash tank solutions
- Verify line paperwork and checking label
accuracy throughout the day
- Ability to work under time constraints
and be flexible in hours worked.
- Assist with tours of the facility for
inspections from various regulatory agencies. Follow-up with deviations
discovered during inspections.
- Performs other job-related duties and
special projects as required.
Education/Experience Required to Perform Job:
- Production experience preferred
- Experience in Quality Control helpful
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50
pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently;
and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to be on feet (standing and
walking) for up to 10 hours a day.
- Visual requirements include vision from
less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or correction, depth
perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following
physical activities: balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
- The duties of this position are performed
mostly in the production area, which is wet and refrigerated (@38
- Adaptability for changes throughout daily
- Shift can vary depending on facility
needs and requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have the ability to use logical or
scientific thinking to solve problems and with several abstract and concrete
- Must possess good written and verbal
- Ability to be bi-lingual in Spanish but
- Have the ability to work independently.
- General Microsoft Office Knowledge