Food Safety Quality Assurance Specialist -
Full Job Description
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Coordinate, implement and audit FSQA programs for Dole North
America. Perform audits, generate reports and follow up as required, for all
sourcing locations, vendors & suppliers. Conduct initial qualification of
growers, suppliers and/or co-pack operations, working collaboratively with
both internal and external FSQA teams. Analyze and make recommendations for
further improvements, including leveraging new technology, to mitigate
hazards in all aspects of the business. Assess internal and external program
compliance against both regulatory requirements and Dole
standards/expectations. Assist in development or expansion of training
materials, as appropriate, for internal and external business partners.
Ensure compliance with applicable elements of FSMA. Engage in process
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Ensure that all FSQA programs and
procedures are being implemented correctly.
- Perform both G.A.P. and G.M.P. audits.
Follow all FSQA requirements, as applicable to this position.
- In conjunction with the agriculture
operations personnel provide training on FSQA practices, assist in
development of FSQA programs.
- Process large volumes of data or
information and communicate recommendations for further improvement to
mitigate FSQA risks.
- Effectively communicate scientific and
technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Be aware of, and adhere to, USEPA, USFDA,
USDA, and FSMA regulations and guidelines associated with all supply
chain elements, inclusive of non-produce edibles (condiments).
- Audit and maintain FSQA business
relationships with external supply chain non-produce consolidators and
- Execute projects that meet the technical
and business objectives of Dole Food Company.
- Participate in food safety and quality of
the cooler operations.
- Coordinate initial assessment and audit
- Must be willing to travel to various
regions, including domestic and international locations.
- Assisting in responding to customer
requests, surveys and other inquiries
- Create and execute training for supply
Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Bachelorís Degree in Agriculture, Food Science, Microbiology,
Plant Science, Postharvest Physiology or related field is required
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And
- 2 -3 years in agriculture/FSQA related
experience, with 1 year of auditing experience. Experience in produce
operations is desirable.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and
- Must be flexible, even-tempered, a good
mediator and persuasive. Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced
- Strong analytical and problem-solving
skills required, ability to conduct food safety audits, communicate
effectively with technical and non-technical personnel, knowledge of
- Knowledge of agrochemicals use, knowledge
of basic sanitation techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of related Federal and State
- Competency in computer word processing
(MS Word), Spreadsheet (Excel) and Database Software (Access) required.
- Bi-lingual, bi-literate Spanish/English
Ability to lift up to 10-25 pounds, identify and distinguish
colors, work in extreme cold some of the time in a cooler environment and
ability to work in outside elements.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- Travel as needed, domestically and
- Flexibility with schedule as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or on the basis of disability.