Associate Scientist: Food Safety - Yorkville,
Full Job Description
position provides Technical leadership in implementation of Food Safety
elements of the Quality Management Process (QMP). Drives project management
and continuous improvement of their designated site Quality & Food Safety
(Q&FS) Management systems that enable the reliable delivery of products
that meet all external legislative requirements and all internal Quality
&Food Safety Global Standards.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, Food
Safety, Engineering, Chemistry or related scientific or technical
- 2+ years demonstrated success in relevant
manufacturing role with quality and food safety experience
- Previous food, beverage, or related
- Travel up to 10%
- 2+ years of experience in different
quality related areas such as raw materials, distribution, manufacturing
- 2+ years experience
in a manufacturing site managing quality and food safety management
systems responsible position related to food safety or Quality and food
safety management system
- Development and roll out of food safety
training to the site and support functions (HACCP, Basic Food Safety)
- Provide governance to the Microbiological
verification, Environmental program, Mycotoxin, Allergens, and other
Food Safety related programs
- Provide governance to HACCP and Food
Safety Plan within the site, provide input to the Value stream Food
safety risk assessment. Food Safety Team Leader at the site. Manage
validation of CCP/OPRP preventive controls programs within the site
- Lead Food Fraud program at the site.
Responsible for providing site input to the Material Risk Assessments
- Lead root cause analysis investigation of
food safety incidents and effective implementation of corrective/
- In partnership with the Associate
Scientist Value Stream represent R&D at change management and
handover meetings to ensure Food Safety deliverables
- Implement external food safety
requirements such as regulations or customer needs into procedures or
best practices for site
- Accountable for the Foss NIR data
trending analysis, NIR documentation relevant to the value stream and
first point of contact for troubleshooting instrumentation where
What can you expect from Mars?
- The opportunity to learn, develop and
take charge of your own career.
- An industry competitive salary and
- To be respected and valued.
- The Five Principles at the center of
every decision we make.
- The opportunity to work cross functionally,
add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
If you are interested in this role, check out a few other openings in
the Chicagoland area: Posting numbers: 768921, 769001, 983881, 1040301