Assurance, Coordinator - Bloomsburg, PA
The J. M. Smucker Company
Full Job Description
This position is responsible for the day to day activities
performed by the Shift Chemists and Laboratory Technicians. Also responsible
for conducting record reviews and positive release of finished product. This
includes the use of Enviromap and Red Prairie
systems. Coordinator initiates Shift Quality Incident Investigations and
helps complete Corrective Action Reports. Provides guidance and review of
finished product Process Control Testing. Reviews ingredient test results and
completes Thermal Process deviations and Product Holds as needed. Completes
projects as instructed by the Quality Assurance Manager and follows Good
Manufacturing Practices to ensure safe, consistent, wholesome and premium
quality products in accordance with company, state and federal standards.
Participates in Smucker Quality Management System, internal and external
audits as required.
Accurate performance of routine tests required of all
ingredients and finished products and recognize deviations from standard.
- Coordinate with Purchasing, Receiving and
QA to ensure RM Testing is up-to-date, RM delivery schedules, and RM
inventories are monitored and COAs are received.
- Accurately make decisions about potential
quality issues using all QC principles and a working knowledge of
processing and packaging systems including applicable feedback to
- Recommend approval or rejection of
ingredients and finished products by leading hold order investigations
and follow up on all questionable results in a timely manner.
Oversee shift operations and maintain a clean and organized work
area; supporting plant audit ready status for Corporate, GMP, government
agencies, or other third-party audits at all times. Schedules coverage as
- Adherence to all Safety, GMP, Sanitation,
Quality, SOPs, BRC, and Team rules and procedures.
- Pull RM samples as needed to be sent out
for testing. This includes preparing and shipping samples, completing
all documentation required by the lab, and conducting follow-ups with
the lab to ensure tests results are available when needed.
- Maintain Certificate of Analysis
documentation for RM deliveries, samples pulled/sent and test results,
and documentation for RM shelf life extension requests.
- Communicates with Purchasing to
prioritize testing, track testing deadlines, and ensure that correct
lots and RM's are released as per procedure.
- Work with Corporate Quality Department on
Controlled Process Change (CPC) requests as needed to better serve the
customers and company.
- Place certain lot/batch numbers on
"HOLD" in computer inventory system and in lotus notes
database for tracking, documentation, and reference purposes.
Communicate Holds to required personnel.
- Tag all pallets in plant/warehouse that
are on hold, and document, as to prevent "on hold"
lots/batches from being used in production.
- Responsible for supporting all Quality
systems; including additions to Proficy from Prodika and ensuring compliance of all Regulatory
policies, procedures and systems.
- Orders supplies and controls spending to
adhere to budgetary requirements.
Other projects as required. May include but not limited to:
- Consumer Complaint Investigations
- Instrument Trouble shooting
- Corrective Action/Preventative Action
- Mock Recalls and Trace activities
- High School diploma or GED required.
- A degree in Chemistry, Biology,
Microbiology, Animal Science, Food Science or the equivalent work
experience is preferred.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience is
required in food processing and/or laboratory setting
Knowledge and Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication
- Trouble shooting skills
- Strong Computer Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong reading, writing and arithmetic
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow procedures and rules
- Ability to work in a fast-paced
environment while staying calm, collected and focused on the tasks at
- Ability to work mechanically on
- Ability to work independently with
minimal direct supervision