Food Safety Quality
Manager - Burley, ID 83318
McCain Foods USA, Inc.
Full Job Description
Position Title: Food Safety Quality Manager
Position Type: Regular
Position Location: Burley
Requisition ID: 8420
Food Safety Quality Manager
The Quality Manager ensures accurate implementation of and adherence to
Quality specifications in the manufacturing operation. The role also serves
as a functional lead and is instrumental in leading the Formula Recipe
Management process. Position also assists in the effective management of the
plantís sanitation program, HACCP, recall program, external audits and food
safety compliance. Acts as liaison for all Technical, R&D, and Innovation
interactions. Must work a flexible schedule to support Quality and food
- Ensures accurate implementation and
adherence to Quality policies and programs to ensure food safety and
compliance with Company policies and Federal and State laws and
- Serves as functional lead for process
optimization using statistical data, including performing design of
experiments on the production line and the development of functional
process control models.
- Set Quality goals and objectives that
compliment company policies and goals.
- Lead training efforts in the application
of statistical methods in Design of Experiments (DOE) and Statistical
Process Control (SPC).
- Assist in the development and execution
of Quality training programs to ensure proper training of all Quality
- Direct activities of employees engaged in
inspection and testing to ensure continuous control over materials,
facilities, and products.
- Perform studies on measurement systems
(MSA) to ensure proper calibration protocols are in place and actions
are taken when calibration systems fail.
- Monitor products and processes for
conformance to standards, ensure prompt and thorough investigation when
product safety may be compromised and minimize the amount of
- Manage held product with authority to
disposition appropriately and record accordingly.
- Play an active role on Plant quality
- Foster open communication with
corresponding production personnel regarding QA results.
- Work with Technical Services and Plant
Engineering on new/modified equipment and processes.
- Lend technical assistance as required to
- Liaison between corporate R&D team
and plant management to ensure efficient hand over of new product
development, PSTís, and Product Optimization.
- Assist in the adaptation of new products
and new process procedures to production routine.
- Lead BOPís (Best Operating Practices) for
safety, quality, cost and delivery on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with Safety, Health, and
Quality staff to ensure manufacturing processes are safely designed,
audited and operated in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assist in initiation and implementation
of the preparation of new or revised product specifications, process
parameters, and procedures.
- Train sales personnel or customers
regarding finished good specifications and preparation as requested.
- Ensure samples are collected and shipped
in an accurate and timely manner when requested.
- Manage and perform McCain and customer
product cuttings, including held product reviews, for management and
plant personnel on a routine basis.
- Investigate customer and consumer
complaints and communicate to Consumer Affairs the investigation results
in a prompt, professional manner.
- Monitor suppliers and maintain COAís and
COCís according to industry standards.
- Define/establish departmental overhead
budget requirements and spend within the agreed limitations.
- Liaise with Sanitation personnel and
assist where applicable in the setting of sanitation targets and
objectives that compliment company policies and goals.
- Assist with the introduction of new
processes or equipment.
- Directly supervise all Quality Assurance
and Process Control employees. Provide performance evaluations,
training, coaching, discipline, recognition, and leadership as
- Ensure that all employees consistently
follow safety policies and practices, and promptly address safety
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelorís degree in a related field
- Three to five years of experience in
frozen food manufacturing operations and/or Quality experience in food
processing and an ability to coordinate technical knowledge with
- Proficient use of statistical methods
including DOE and SPC required.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools to
be used on mechanical, processing, quality and food safety issues.
- Must have working knowledge of food
safety and sanitation principles and practices, computer systems, and
production processes and equipment used in the food industry.
- Prior experience in capital projects is
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we
have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace.
As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse
communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that
diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation
throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials
or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to
meet your needs.
Your privacy is important to us. By submitting personal data or
information to us, you agree this will be handled in accordance with
Job Family: Quality
& Food Safety
Division: NA Potato
Location(s): US - United States of America : Idaho : Burley
Foods USA, Inc.