Quality Assurance Manager
- Random Lake, WI 53075
Lakeside Foods, Inc.
Full Job Description
When you join the Lakeside team, you’ll become part of our
family. Since 1887 we’ve worked to produce a diverse line of canned and
frozen foods at our 13 locations. And sell our products through most major
retailers, foodservice distributors and national restaurant chains. We’re
driven to find new, innovative ways to serve our customers and our community.
At Lakeside, we are committed to growing our company – and our people. And
there’s a seat at the table for you.
The position of Quality Assurance Manager offers a
hardworking, team-oriented individual the opportunity to be responsible for
management of the quality control functions and quality control personnel at
the plant. Responsible to carry out the policies of Lakeside Foods to produce
a high quality product consistent with customer
specifications and government regulations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Ensure all Federal, State, and Local laws
and regulations as well as Lakeside Foods Policy and Procedures related
to food safety and quality are followed at all times.
- Ensure the proper application of 21 CFR
113 processing, including proper equipment, proper calibration for CCP
monitoring equipment, proper application of the filed scheduled process,
- Ensure updated and proper application of
all SSOPs, bacteriological monitoring and investigation, and sanitation
- Ensure the maintenance of all quality
control programs, procedures, documentation, and statistical records.
- Review all daily processing records to
ensure compliance to 21 CFR 110, 21 CFR 113, customer specifications,
Lakeside Foods Policy, etc.
- Determine the quality level of product
and assign grades based on Lakeside Foods Policy and Procedures.
- Assist in FDA, USDA, State, Third Party,
internal, and customer audits and inspections.
- Communicate real-time quality data to all
affected departments to ensure customer specifications are continuously
- Thoroughly investigate and respond to
customer complaints on a timely basis.
- Ensure proper management of held product,
storage condition, and quality of labeling, packaging, and shipping
- The quality manager is responsible for
ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements, industry regulated
standards, and overall food safety and quality functions.
- Ensure employees maintain work areas in a
safe, clean, and orderly manner.
- Notify General Manager immediately if any
unsafe or potentially hazardous conditions are discovered.
- May perform other duties as assigned by
the General Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- A Food Science degree or Technical
courses in Chemistry, Bacteriology or a related field, with three or
more years of practical experience or a combination of both. A knowledge
of vegetable freezing is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers,
and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions,
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and
deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
TEAMWORK AT LAKESIDE (TAL):
- Through individual and team efforts,
enthusiastically work toward the continuous improvement of his/her job,
work area, department and Lakeside as a whole. Fully participate in TAL
by "living" Lakeside's Standards of Conduct and being an
active member of operational and project teams. By action and work,
clearly and visibly demonstrate the spirit of teamwork, cooperation and
respect for others in all business transactions and exchanges.
- Proactively create an environment that
clearly and sincerely encourages the spirit of TAL in all areas of
Lakeside Foods welcomes people of all backgrounds and the varied ideas they
bring to the workplace. Being an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer is part of our heritage and culture. We recruit, hire and promote
employees based on qualifications and merit, without regard to race,
religion, age, gender, disability, marital or veteran status.