Mgr Food Safety & QA - West Sacramento, CA
Who You Are
Supplier and Product compliance is paramount in ensuring brand growth
and consumer trust. We are looking for a candidate that is ready to join a
fast-paced, growth environment that can build and implement standards and
programs that will take our business to the next level.
As the Senior Manager of Food Safety and Quality Assurance,
you will develop and lead Retail Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs
in support of Raley’s safety culture. You will apply your creativity,
adaptability, and strategic thinking to effectively manage a diverse set of
business challenges. In this role, you will manage teams responsible for:
retail food safety, manufacturing quality assurance, supplier qualifications,
risk assessments, regulatory reviews, labeling/menu compliance, supplier
conformance of raw materials, data collection, and the maintenance of
supplier electronic record integrations to key databases. Advanced technical
knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements involving Global Food
Safety Initiative, Food Safety Modernization Act, FDA, GMP/GWP/GLP and
associated regulations and standards are highly desired to be successful in
Who We Are
At Raley’s, we’re all about infusing life with health and happiness by
changing the way the world eats, one plate at a time. We take our passion for
great food and world class customer service to the next level. Every day we
come into work knowing that what we do is making a difference in the lives of
our customers. Evolving beyond the definition of what an ordinary grocery
store can be, we’re bringing a fresh take on the idea of living well to the
communities we serve and live in. We’re dedicated to supporting healthy and
happy team members, customers and communities – and we’re looking for the
same kind of passionate people to join our team, grow with us and share our
How You Will Contribute:
- Responsible for ensuring suppliers and
products meet food safety, quality and regulatory compliance from the
facilities that produce them to the labels that sells them.
- Partner with our retail food safety team
to address and mitigate product risks (e.g. recalls, product compliance
- Oversee and develop food safety, quality
and regulatory programs and procedures to support the brand and
continual growth of the business.
- Support Category and Buying team's
activities for selecting and approving products and facilities to ensure
food safety, quality and regulatory compliance
- Manage Private-Label management systems
for onboarding suppliers and products.
- Develop and Strengthen existing policies
& programs that create confidence in communicating current brand
standards, improvements, and overall brand growth (e.g. animal welfare,
sustainability) to ultimately gain recognition and traction with growing
- Lead the product specification and
labeling compliance program through ensuring regulatory and brand
compliance including ensuring speed to market.
- Mitigate potential safety & legality
issues through risk-based decision making
skills, proactive QA programs and identifying solutions to minimize the
financial and reputational impact to the business (e.g. recalls,
customer complaints, regulatory violations, litigation)
- Monitor and Engage in upcoming
regulations, industry groups and best practices while analyzing risks to
business and providing leadership in addressing upcoming issues that may
impact the business
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control
Point (HACCP) Certification
- Or ability to pass in first 90 days
- Working knowledge of:
- Food safety and quality assurance
principles, programs and practices.
- FDA and USDA regulatory requirements
- Food manufacturing operations for
produce, meat, seafood, bakery, and/or shelf stable products.
- 21 CFR, Section 110, Global Food Safety
Initiative (GSFI) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point
- Advanced ability to:
- Prioritize, meet tightly scheduled
deadlines and be flexible to meet changing work priorities and
- Negotiate project timelines and
- Lead with purpose
- Work independently and in a group.
- Maintain effective working relationships
and foster teamwork in a diverse work group.
- Make persuasive presentations by
communicating technical information in a non-technical manner
appropriate to the audience.
Advanced technical knowledge of:
- Federal and state regulatory requirements
governing food quality and safety.
- Product safety and food security,
including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Good
Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Lot sampling including Statistical
Process Control (SPC) techniques and Acceptable Quality Levels (AQL).
- Laboratory procedures and techniques.
Preferred advanced knowledge of:
GMP compliance and Part 110,111 and FSMA compliance knowledge preferred.
- GFSI, BRC, SQF Practitioner, PCQI, FSMA,
PCQI, and SQF auditing knowledge preferred.
- Project management preferred.
Bonus Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written
- Advanced organizational, project
management and documentation skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency
in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, iCiX
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Agility and flexibility to work in a
fast-paced environment and make informed decisions when necessary
Benefits & Perks:
- Work with some cool people
- 10% discount on all Raley’s groceries
- Full onsite fitness center
- Pop up grocery market
- Employee discounts on event/sports
tickets, gym memberships + more!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- All you can eat fruit bar
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Family leave & time off
- 401K Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care
- Life Insurance
- No disciplinary action during the past 6
- Your current leader must recommend that
you apply for this position and provide endorsement upon request from
- You must upload a resume and answer all