Operations Manager - Edgewood, TX
Brookshire Grocery Company
Brookshire Grocery Company (BGC)
is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than
180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas – with three
distribution centers and a corporate office. BGC prides itself on offering
its partners one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry
which includes medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, paid time off,
stock ownership, a 401k retirement plan, incentive plans, employee discounts,
educational scholarships, and access to BGC’s 205-acre outdoor recreation
Provides oversight in all areas of the store to assist Store
Director with operating a convenient, friendly, and clean shopping
experience. Leads and provides guidance to Service Specialists and performs
training as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out management responsibilities
including interviewing, hiring, training and developing partners;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance,
rewarding, and disciplining partners; scheduling, addressing complaints,
and resolving problems.
- Reviews historical data to predict future
sales from ads and promotions. Manages inventory using item management
processes to ensure satisfactory in-stock levels. Reviews profit and
loss, sales, shrink, and labor data; provides verbal or written summary
to upper management regarding any related issues.
- Checks inventory on trucks, unloads
products, and ensures accuracy of inventory, product ordering, and
- Opens/closes store as assigned, ensuring
proper procedures are followed.
- Inspects product for quality control and
food safety standards; adheres to all governmental product origin
- Prepares, makes, and verifies accuracy of
store deposits and change orders. Balances register tills and remains
current on tender policies and procedures related to checks, credit,
debit, coupons, EBT, WIC, AML, etc.
- Notifies Store Director of efficient
process improvement opportunities.
- Verifies accurate pricing through
communication with operations support and through the use of hand-held
- Maintains clean, safe and sanitary
working and shopping environment by adhering to Company safety
- Maintains a friendly and customer
service-oriented attitude by greeting customers, answering questions,
and responding to complaints. Assists customers with locating and
Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of retail grocery
- Intermediate knowledge of cash register.
- Basic knowledge of WFM (Workforce
- Basic knowledge of SAP for reporting
- Basic knowledge of anti-money laundering
- Basic knowledge of on-site fuel station
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to effectively communicate (in
written and verbal form) with customers and partners.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a
- Ability to maintain high levels of
confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and
- Ability to perform basic Microsoft Office
- Ability to count and calculate for the
purpose of cash handling and sales transactions.
- Ability to safely work with sharp objects
such as knives, box cutters, etc.
- Ability to operate manual or electric
- Ability to safely operate and maintain
- Ability to use precision hand tools.
- Ability to learn new technology systems,
methods and processes.
- Ability to work flexible schedules
including nights, weekends and holidays.
Experience, and Qualifications
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
- Two or more years of related experience;
or an equivalent combination of experience and/or higher education
- TABC/LACT certification required.
- Food Handler certification required.
- Fuel Operator C training required.
- Manager Food Safety certification
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) certification
- Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification required.
- Continuously required to use close
vision, distance vision, depth perception or the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to stand or walk.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hands for
reaching, touching or handling.
- Frequently required to push, pull,
maneuver or lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently required to bend, kneel or
- Occasionally required to use fine finger
movements (ex. sorting and typing).
- Occasionally required to push, pull,
maneuver or lift objects up to 65 lbs.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance,
stoop or crawl.
- Work is generally performed in a retail
- Occasionally exposed to extreme cold
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat
- Occasionally exposed to wet, slippery or
- Occasionally exposed to outside
temperatures and weather.
- Occasionally exposed to cleaning agents.
- Quiet to moderate noise level.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free
and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual
orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic
information or military status and any other trait protected by law.