Food Safety Supervisor - Kent, WA
Full Job Description
Responsible for food safety requirements for machinery,
equipment and facilities; Develops and maintains plant sanitation programs
and procedures; Collaborates with engineers, contractors and plant partners
to ensure a clean and sterile facility; Assures compliance with regulatory
agencies in regard to sanitation requirements and the use of cleaning and
exterminating agents; Responsible for managing and owning various functions
of the business and creating an engaged and team oriented work force in order
to improve business results.
Food Safety & Quality
- Responsible for reporting food safety and
quality concerns to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Shall understand that identification of
any failures in these areas is their responsibility
- If a deficiency in Sanitation is noted
during facility audits or pre-ops, they are responsible for taking
corrective action and reporting the issue to their direct supervisor.
- Directly supervises sanitation activities
and sanitation employees to ensure compliance to Enterprise Quality
Sanitation Procedures, GFSI standard and regulatory requirements (FDA)
within the plant.
- Scheduling of Sanitation team member work
- Meets strategic business needs by being
involved in cross-functional teams within the plant to drive sanitation
knowledge and improvement.
- Determines resources and provides
technical guidance and leadership to plant personnel.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities
in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
including interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and
directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining
employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ordering Janitorial, Chemicals, and Supplies
(Requisition input into SAP).
- Advise management on effectiveness of
routine plant sanitation and cleaning programs.
- Guide plants during special plant
sanitation issues including microbiological and environmental control.
- Provide sanitary design recommendations
for new and existing equipment and modification/installation of
- Participate in all engineering projects
to ensure sanitary design aspects of the project and review/approve
project for compliance with Enterprise sanitary design objectives.
- Will possess the ability to utilize
computers and relevant software.
Provide food safety and sanitary design review, food safety and
sanitation plan and verification procedures for new and/or modified equipment,
new equipment start-ups, new product introductions, movement of equipment
from one facility to another, or new product introductions to prevent
problems resulting from inadequate sanitation procedures.
- Develop and maintain cost effective
programs and practices within the plant sanitation program
- Work closely with internal and outside
sanitation vendors to improve sanitation performance and costs.
- Track and report key metrics to measure
- Develop, Participate, and track
Sanitation Business needs goals
- Proactively utilize process metrics and
experience to prevent problems that could affect product quality and
- Investigate sanitation issues, which are
resulting in product contamination, reduced shelf-life, or customer
rejection of products
- Aid in the identification of root cause
and corrective actions
Work closely with sanitation chemical providers and others to
maximize technical expertise and to drive issue resolution within
sanitation/pest management Acts as liaison between Preferred Chemical and
Pest Management Vendors and plant to maximize services provided.
Education and Training:
- Actively participates in Enterprise
sponsored training initiatives and webinars
- Manages technical training for plant
sanitation employees and auditors
- Attend technical meetings to continually
update knowledge in advances in sanitation and pest control
- Conduct internal sanitation and pest
control audits as needed
- Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees
- Determine training needs for Sanitation
- The candidate must have completed the
Conagra Certified Sanitarian or be willing to complete the course within
an agreed-upon time frame.
Policies & Procedures:
- Develop, Implement and maintain
Enterprise Sanitation Procedures within the plant to drive improvement
in the overall sanitation program.
- Sanitation improvements in housekeeping
and equipment cleanliness, sanitation chemical application, sanitation
- Development of plant specific sanitation
programs in compliance with Enterprise Sanitation Policies/Procedures.
- Track and measure key performance
indicators and report out results on a monthly basis to QA Manager &
Enterprise Sanitation Manager.
- Delivering effective sanitation training
programs to drive sanitation employee’s knowledge in proper sanitation
- Perform observation audits to verify and
validate sanitation tasks against procedures.
- Work with pest management vendors during
their service visits to the facility.
- Assure that pest control is managed
effectively by tracking, trending and reporting out results.
- Be the on-site resource for pest
management activities and the driver of facility repairs/GMP’s to
prevent pest egress into the facility.
This job description is not intended, and should not be
construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts,
or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be an
accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making
decisions related to job performance, employee development, and compensation.
The incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required
We care about your total well-being and will support you with
the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k)
and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and
classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off
, flexible work-schedules
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food
companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s
passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every
occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's
®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and
emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and
inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com .
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color,
religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran
status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status
protected by national, federal, state or local law.