The comprehensive food safetyinformation website
FSQAR Supplier Specialist
The Supplier Food Safety, Quality Assurance, and Regulatory (FSQAR) Specialist supports the approval and monitoring of suppliers of raw materials to self-manufacturing facilities located in the US and Canada.
● Conduct raw material supplier approval and monitoring reviews to ensure compliance to regulatory, customer, GFSI, and internal standards. Request and review compliance documentation and perform follow up by phone or email as required.
● Participate in raw material evaluation process to approve new ingredients and packaging codes.
● Assess supplier and raw material risk in collaboration with internal teams. Work with team to identify supplier monitoring strategies based on risk and communicate to stakeholders.
● Support internal facilities with investigations, communications, and root cause/corrective actions related to raw material non-conformities.
● Compile and review data on supplier and raw material food safety and quality metrics. Provide reporting and recommendations based on data review. Identifies and reports trends in supplier FSQA metrics and escalates identified issues as applicable.
● Assist in development, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing Supplier FSQA programs.
● Schedule food safety audits and/or risk assessments of raw material suppliers. Perform food safety audits (in person or remote desk audits) of raw material suppliers as assigned.
● Act as an administrator to supplier document management tools, including support and training for internal users and suppliers.
● Provide support and participate in projects as assigned in alignment with team objectives.
Willing to travel up to
10% to support projects and supplier auditing
● Associates, bachelors, or advanced degree in food science, biology, chemistry, microbiology, or related program.
● Working knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), HACCP, food allergens and pest control.
● Strong quantitative/analytical skills to include interpretation of data, identifying trends, etc.
● Personal computer skills with ability to use Microsoft Office programs and statistical software
● Work effectively in a team environment
● Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner
● The ability to organize, prioritize, and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines
● HACCP certification preferred
● PCQI certification preferred
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org