Level Food Safety Sanitor/Janitor - Topeka, KS
The J. M. Smucker Company
Full Job Description
Work in a variety of areas, in production and packaging, to
produce product for the company and support Food Safety/Sanitation
initiatives in the Topeka, KS facility. This position will be responsible for
contributing to the production of product and to maintain sanitation levels
as set by company standard and the Food Safety Plan.
- Follow all company Safety Rules and Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP's)
- Produce high quality products in a safe
and healthful manner
- Assigned shift attendance is required
- To work in all areas of production and
packaging, as assigned, which includes operating, being in close
proximity to and crossing platforms over machinery
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Safety operate powered industrial
equipment and conduct daily safety inspections
- Emphasis on sanitation/cleaning
- Requires Knowledge of chemical
application and lockout/tagout
- Clean and sanitize food production areas
using brooms, shovels, squeegees, scrapers, cloths, vacuums, air-guns,
foaming sprayers, mops and necessary chemicals.
- Clean and sanitize totes, brooms,
shovels, and other equipment.
- Inspect and fill footbaths, hand-soap,
- Clean floors using floor scrubbers.
- Document cleaning and sanitation task
completion in the Master Cleaning and Sanitation Schedules
- Janitorial work as assigned, including
cleaning restrooms, vacuuming, mopping, and restocking supplies
- Maintain forklift and floor jacks
- Other tasks as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the duties and functions of the position.
- Must be able to report to work on time
and to work the entire scheduled work period or shift. Timely and
regular attendance is required.
- Must be able to successfully handle and
- Accustomed to and able to work in a
high-volume, fast-pace, complex and busy environment.
- Proven ability to successfully manage
multiple competing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled
with the ability to act. A “can-do” mindset and attitude is a must.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to
work additional hours when workload, deadlines, production requirements,
shift coverage or overtime demand it of the role.
- Consummate team player attitude of
sharing and helping others. Must be able to interact positively,
professionally and in cooperation with others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High-school degree or equivalent is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
GMP's and general instructions. Good communication skills are required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out both
oral and written instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions and duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities.
- While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly required to stand and lift. The employee is
required to stand and walk at minimum 70% of the time.
- The employee must be able to work 8 or 12 hour shifts, with the flexibility to work
additional planned or unplanned hours, as business needs.
- The employees must occasionally
lift/push/pull or carry up to fifty (50) pounds, and should be able to
lift 30-35 pounds on a frequent basis.
- The employee must be able to squat or
kneel and to bend on a frequent basis.
- The employee must be able to work in a
cold (40-50 degree) environment.
- The employee must be able to tolerate
exposure to flour and yeast materials.
- The employee must be able to climb steps
and vertical ladders 10ft high on a frequent basis.
SAFE PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
Employee must have the ability to perform the essential job
functions identified above consistent with safety standards and practices
with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The work environments characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hot in summer, cold in winter
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to