Assurance Technician - Milton, DE 19968
The Boston Beer Company
Pulled from the full job
Employee stock purchase plan
Full Job Description
mission at The Boston Beer Company is to bring the highest-quality products
to the U.S. beer drinker. To answer that mission, we create an inclusive
culture that celebrates the differences in our people and our brands. Our
diversity makes us more robust, and when you bring your authentic self to
work, we are a stronger, more innovative, and more sustainable company &
fast-paced, growing company with a strong family of brands (Samuel Adams,
Dogfish Head, Angry Orchard, Twisted Tea, and Truly Hard Seltzer), we
constantly seek to challenge the status quo. We are always looking for
hardworking, talented, and passionate people (that means you!) to join our
are The Boston Beer Company, and together we are heavy.
are currently hiring a Quality Assurance Technician in Milton
You will Lead the Quality Mission of the Brewing Department. Work daily with
the Brewing team to improve brewing processes through SPC, Lean, and other
quality tools. Must have an intimate knowledge of the brewing processes,
analytical laboratory skills, and what it takes to produce products in
specification consistently. This position serves as the backup to the Brewery
What You'll Do:
- Communicate daily with QA Manager
regarding issues concerning product quality and lab operations
- Assist QA Manager in developing and
maintaining accurate and complete record-keeping and generating concise,
meaningful reports for tracking, beer transition to production, and
trial vs. control comparisons.
- Stay current on industry research,
evaluations, and recommendations of testing methods and equipment.
- Have a working knowledge of each SOP and
run all required analytical and microbiological testing in Brew Lab.
- Have intimate knowledge of all laboratory
equipment and assure it is maintained according to manufacturer's
recommendations along with documentation of service and calibrations.
- Monitor key fermentation parameters and
communicate concerns to Brewing Manager and QA Manager.
- Participate in Food Safety audits, HACCP
team, Safety Team, and 5S
- Perform routine and non-routine testing
- Purchase supplies as necessary.
- Manage GMP program, assuring all new
employees are fully trained on GMPs and continually monitor employees
and brewery to verify that all GMP policies and procedures are in compliance
- Actively participate in taste panel and
developing Beer Flavor Evaluation skills.
- Actively participate in Weekly Brewing /
- Provide the Brewing Department with
timely and accurate results concerning the routine analysis of beer,
wort, and brewing materials to ensure a quality product. Interprets data
and report out-of-specification results.
- Provides technical assistance to Quality
Assurance Manager and other department managers. Aids in problem-solving
through their scientific knowledge and capability to generate helpful
- Evaluates test results on brewing
materials and participates in consultations with suppliers concerning
rejected or sub-standard materials.
- Acts on behalf of Quality Assurance
Manager when they are away regarding meetings, quality reports, and data
- Manage the analysis internal and external
of all trials performed.
- Develop IPS documents for new ingredients
- Work with New Product Development on new
ingredients and suppliers
- Review and interpret test results to
ensure accuracy and reliability. They will report out-of-specification
conditions to the Quality and Brewing Managers and the involved
department manager to initiate corrective action.
- Supervise checks of brewing materials
received at the brewery. They will maintain records of suppliers'
performance in meeting quality standards.
- Provide technical assistance to various
departments. They will develop information through scientific testing
procedures that can be used in solving production problems. Through
bacteriological tests, They Will evaluate the brewery's sanitary
condition and recommend corrective action whenever necessary.
We're Looking For:
- Minimum BS degree in a related science:
Chemistry, Microbiology or Food Science.
- 1+ years experience
in an analytical laboratory in a lean manufacturing environment (brewing
- Analytical testing experience using
GC-MS, spectrophotometer, and microscope.
- Sterile plate technique.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of GMP, HACCP, SPC,
Food Defense principles
people are our most important "ingredient." We hire the best
talent, and we reward, develop, and retain them too.
addition to generous healthcare on day one, stock purchase plan, 401k, and
more, Full-Time Boston Beer Coworkers have the following perks available*:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fertility/adoption support
- Free financial coaching
- Health & wellness program and
- Professional development & training
- Free beer!
- Talk to your recruiter about eligibility
Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a
diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for
individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the
Vietnam Veteran's Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the
job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Primary Location: US-DE-Milton
Work Locations: Milton Brewery 6 Cannery Village Center
Organization: Dogfish Head Brewery
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: Sep 28, 2021, 1:49:28 PM
The Boston Beer Company