The comprehensive food safety information website
Project, Pet Food - New Century, KS 66031
We are hiring a Food Science professional to join our Nutrition & Biosciences BU as a Project Leader, Pet Food!
In this role the Project Leader, Pet Food would be responsible for complex technical projects from experimental design to completion. Includes testing, analytical procedures, equipment setup and preparation of standards and product materials under minimal supervision. Employees in positions at this level independently apply intensive and diversified knowledge of scientific research in broad areas of assignments and related fields. They also require a moderate level of business acumen. This role reports into the Team Lead, Pet Food.
The successful candidate in this role/level will lead and develop new products, concepts, and technology platforms, working closely with the innovation and business teams as an expert technical individual contributor. Leads, plans and organizes trials, and experiments. Specializes in scaling up bench formulations to pilot and manufacturing facilities, collaborating with operations personnel across the organization. Represents the organization via excellent written and oral formal and informal communication.
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
1. Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization on multiple pet food science and technology subjects
2. Responsible for initiating concepts and developing new products, line extensions, and technology platforms
3. Develop and deliver engaging Pet Food technical presentations to diverse audiences, including internal and external customers, colleagues, field experts, and general public.
4. Develop and conduct shelf-life, challenge, and oxidation studies for a variety of pet food projects and activities to be carried out individually or by others.
5. Stay up to date on new developments in the relevant knowledge areas such as: competitorís activities, pet food industry landscape, trends, new raw materials, packaging, and innovative technologies.
6. Proactively partner with Regulatory counterparts to drive compliant innovative solutions.
7. Deliver and create value-added solutions to pet food customers. Build strong technical credibility with customers.
8. Provide technical services to Customers, Sales and Divisions as needed (plant trials, troubleshooting, and training).
9. Knowledge of microbiology, antioxidants, flavor/recipe design and ability to communicate technical know-how to on-site innovation personnel, quality, operations & external customers as needed.
10. Implement and adhere to IFF core values and safety initiatives. Report accidents promptly to Management.
11. Maintain appropriate documentation for experiments, GMPs, Bioterrorism and others as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To successfully perform the requirements of this position, the incumbent must possess a minimum four year Biological, Chemical or Food Science or related degree and experience typically gained through 10+ years in the food/pet food industry. The incumbent must have the ability to supervise, mentor and train junior scientists. Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary.
This position operates in a laboratory/pilot plant environment and may require outside travel up to 30% of the time.
This position may require heavy lifting up to 50 lbs and working with hazardous materials.
††††††††††† Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
††††††††††† If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org