& Food Safety Manager - Breinigsville, PA
The Boston Beer Company
Pulled from the full job
Employee stock purchase plan
Full Job Description
are currently hiring a Quality & Food Safety Manager in Breinigsville,
Quality and Food Safety Manager leads development and improvement of our
Quality and Food Safety plans, processes and systems including company owned
and contract locations. Expertise in Regulatory (TTB, FDA), Food Safety and
Quality for example GFSI, PRP, GMP, HACCP, sanitation, food defense,
traceability, recall, document management, laboratory methods, audit,
verification, validation, RCA, change management, commercialization etc.).
This position will partner with our brewery teams, procurement, planning,
engineering, brewing, packaging and warehousing to build Quality and Food
Safety into all processes, including our ongoing Supply Chain Transformation.
We are seeking an outgoing, open minded, collaborative leader that is eager to
learn, grow and take on new challenges.
- Work with Brewery Teams to mature our
Quality and Food Safety Systems by developing and improving processes
- Provide technical guidance and support
for our breweries on a daily basis.
- Partner with Supplier Quality, Contract
Manufacturing Quality, Sanitation etc. to establish a robust Quality and
Food Safety Program.
- Establish tools, processes and systems to
support standardization across all production locations.
- Lead our team of technical experts in
laboratory methods, LIMS, document management and process improvement.
- Establish and lead a change management
process and governance team including a technical stage gate process for
trials and commercialization.
- Lead the Quality escalation process for
critical quality process or product issues.
- Establish, lead and manage our Document
Management Process for Supply Chain including specifications, policies,
- Develop, collaborate, socialize new
policies, procedures and standards.
- Improve, maintain KPIs and establish a
management review process.
- Develop, implement and maintain a formal
- Serve as the quality liaison with the
Supply Chain Transformation Team.
- Lead the internal food safety, quality
and process audit program.
- Establish a Management Review Process for
our Quality and Food Safety system.
- Develop, mentor and guide a team to
develop both technical and professional skills as they become our future
- Perform sensory evaluations.
We're Looking For:
- BS or BA in Science or Engineering; Food
- HACCP certification
- PCQI certification
- 7 years of experience in Quality and Food
Safety food or beverage manufacturing
- Experience and working knowledge of FDA
regulations and FSMA
- Experience in development and
implementation of Food Safety Plans and Quality Systems
- Experience managing Quality and Food
Safety for multiple locations
- Working knowledge of SPC and
- Extensive experience in auditing
- Experience in leading or facilitating
structured problems solving teams
- Ability to influence internal and
- Independent, self-motivated individual
with experience leading a team
- Both operational and new product
development experiences are preferred.
- Experience with alcoholic beverage
- Auditing Certification preferred
- Managerial Responsibilities:
- This position has 3 or more direct
- Travel up to 25%
people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the
best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a
variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive
training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan,
and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the
free beer too!
Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a
diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for
individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the
Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the
job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.