Account Manager(Food Safety) - Pittsburgh,
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Full Job Description
The Microbiology Division (MBD)
is a trusted supplier of a broad range of high-quality media and diagnostic
products used in clinical, industrial, research, and academic laboratories,
and backed by a team of service experts, we are dedicated to microbiology.
For over 30 years, we have provided superior product performance and expert,
responsive customer support to laboratories nationwide.
How will you make an impact?
The Account Manager - Food Safety is responsible for
selling, servicing and promoting all existing Microbiology Division products
to food safety accounts including food manufacturing, reference laboratory,
dairy, beverage, and government testing labs by working collaboratively
across all the Microbiology business, Channel Partners and other key internal
stakeholders to meet or exceed revenue targets. To achieve this, he/she will
be responsible for implementing business strategies, annual business plans,
forecasting, providing marketing/competitive feedback and customer
satisfaction relative to sales activities and profitable growth. This
position will require an individual who is results oriented, highly motivated
to succeed, operates with a sense of urgency, has an excellent work ethic and
maintains the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
What will you do?
- Implement and successfully utilize the Sales Methodology
framework strategy consistent with the organization’s long-term sales
and profit objectives
- Communicate the value of doing business with Thermo Fisher
Scientific as a total solution partner that speaks directly to the
customer's value proposition
- Responsible for developing strong major account relationships at
all levels of management for the purpose of growing sales of MBD product
lines in the assigned territory
- Develop a territory business plan as well as a key account
strategy for each major account assigned; monitor and report progress
- Understand competitive positions and tactics within accounts and
maintain strategies to oppose and mitigate competitive threats
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms with customers
- Develop and align strategy with other Groups and Divisions in
Thermo Fisher Scientific through regular contact and interaction.
- Coordinate with key internal stakeholders to develop and
implement timely contract launches and renewals
- Champion CRM to manage customer data and leads, profile accounts,
communicate opportunities, and manage the pipeline in an accurate and
- Accurately, efficiently and promptly submit reports and manages
- Demonstrate and role model the 4-I values to guide their
decisions and interactions
will you get here?
- Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related
field essential or equivalent experience
- Strong track record of results and customer focus
- Excellent organizational/teamwork skills with collaboration with
peers and other departments
- Understand / demonstrate the necessity for sales planning and
execution using standard sales tools (e.g. CRM) to drive commercial
- 2-5+ years of sales experience in a relevant industry preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Possess working knowledge of laboratories (preferably in food
safety) through work history or previous sales experience.
- Technical strength and demonstrated ability to navigate the
Microbiology portfolio or similar
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills necessary
- Travel throughout assigned territory as necessary – up to 80%
Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a
unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling
our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.