Safety and Quality Assurance Manager - Wasco, CA 93280
Number of hires for this role
from the full job description
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Employee assistance program
Professional development assistance
Not provided by employer
$69K to $87.4K per year is
Indeed's estimated salary for quality assurance manager at AgReserves, Inc. in Wasco, CA.
Report inaccurate salary
Full Job Description
South Valley Almond Company is seeking a detail-oriented Food
Safety & Quality Assurance Manager to join our plant leadership
team. The FSQA Manager has high-level responsibility for food safety,
customer satisfaction, and general company welfare. The FSQA Manager serves
as the site contact for any food safety and quality- related issues. The ideal
candidate has a drive to continuously enhance processes through efficiencies
while keeping the team focused on best-in-class industry standards.
- Direct oversight, implementation, and
maintenance of the Food Safety and Quality systems associated with the
plant environment, HACCP and product specifications.
- Serve on the internal auditing team and
is a site resource for internal auditing expertise. Host all 3rd party
- Coordinate and conduct all food safety
and QA related meetings, exercises, and trainings.
- Oversight of root cause investigations
for any food safety and/or quality-related issues.
- Close out, verify, and report all
corrective actions arising from food safety/quality-related incidences.
- Analyze food safety and quality-related
data to identify positive and negative trends that can drive process
improvement and increase efficiencies and that serve as validation of
our systems according to the BRC Standard.
- Provide feedback and collaborate with
plant management to approve all customer specifications provided to the
sales/marketing team prior to specification input into CHIPS.
- Review and respond to customer complaints
and provide investigation reports, as appropriate, creating action items
for any non-conformances found within established timeframes.
- Review the efficacy of customer
specification and customer complaint programs on an annual basis.
- Oversee of quality control, quality
assurance and sanitation function in the plant environment.
- Recommend improvements on a continuous
basis based on visual and data-driven assessments.
- Communicate sanitation, food safety,
and/or product quality issues to upper management, production team,
sales/shipping crew, and other relevant teams.
- Lead the QA and Sanitation Supervisors in
maintaining a safe, clean and functional work environment for themselves
and for their employees. Support in replacing and purchasing equipment
and tools as needed.
- Report food safety, quality and
sanitation metrics in daily and weekly site meetings.
- Work directly with the processing and/or
shipping departments to ensure that all safety and food safety issues
are being investigated thoroughly.
- Create team developmental and improvement
goals. Provide support to technicians and supervisors regarding
- Champion a world-class safety culture.
- Bachelor's degree in food science,
chemistry, biology, data science, or related field.
- 5+ years progressive experience managing
food processing and/or quality systems in food industry.
- 3+ years management experience leading a
- Nut-processing or ag-based business
experience a plus.
- Strong demonstrated problem-solving,
organizational, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Computer competency and ability to create
Excel reports; basic understanding of statistical process control, trend
analysis, and data analytics.
- Knowledge of health, safety, and
environmental regulations such as OSHA.
- Knowledge of food safety/quality and
laboratory systems, including HACCP, GFSI and ISO-17025, as well as farm
food safety audit schemes, including GlobalG.A.P.
- Solid understanding of supply chain,
supplier management, and lean manufacturing principles/processes and
safety regulations in a manufacturing setting.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements
of the role including lifting and moving up to 50lbs.
- Valid in-state driverís license.
- Ability to pass a criminal background
check and to obtain the necessary fumigation license within one year of
- Bilingual Spanish highly desired.
- Ability to work flexible schedule,
including on-call availability, afterhours and weekends, per company
AgReserves, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender, identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. Qualified applicants must be legally and
lawfully authorized to be employed and work in the United States without
current or future visa sponsorship - AgReserves,
Inc is not sponsoring visas at this time.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
AgReserves, Inc. in Wasco, CA 93280