Scientist, Plant Based Protein - Omaha, NE 68102
from the full job description
Employee stock purchase plan
Paid time off
Not provided by employer
$67.2K to $85K per year is Indeed's estimated
salary for scientist at Conagra Brands in Omaha, NE.
Report inaccurate salary
Full Job Description
- Leverage internal and external technology
capabilities to develop products with plant protein attributes that
match or exceed consumer needs and provide a significant competitive
- Utilize core research capabilities and
know-how to develop new products and improve existing products with
plant protein attributes.
- Champion ideas for technology
improvements and cost savings that align with the strategic fit of
- Support R&D team in attaining
short-term and long-term development goals. Adapt to evolving scientific
- Develop product prototypes on the bench,
conduct pilot and commercial scale trials, establish data and make a
technical case for product feasibility.
- Maintain high level of awareness of
technical trends and developments in the food and CPG industries. Leads
plant protein applications research of new technology.
- Build cross-functional support when
appropriate and develop project plans to drive development and
- Continuously search for and vet advanced
technologies that compliment areas of strategic focus, primarily in the
- Provide written and verbal reports of
research activities. Participate in R&D and larger company meetings.
- Collaborate directly with internal
business peers and cross functional teams at a high level.
- Cultivate and foster relationships with
external partners and resources.
- Preserve all forms of intellectual and
material property generated from the above activities, including writing
patents, writing protocols for novel processes.
- Effectively communicates complex
technical concepts to a variety of audiences within the business
- Maintains excellent understanding and
application of experimental design, performance specs, and the various
technical tools used in product development.
- Bachelors in Food Science, Meat Science,
Engineering, Chemistry or related field with minimum 3 years relevant
work experience in food industry.
- Masters / PhD in Food Science, Meat
Science, Engineering, Chemistry with relevant work experience in food
industry is a plus.
- Experience in product development or
related field at a food company required.
- Established external network in the
- Exhibits leadership and demonstrated
ability to influence technical and business partners.
- Advanced verbal and written communication
- Basic understanding of business
- Proven ability to handle multiple
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Good understanding of food industry
standards of quality and food safety, and FDA regulations.
about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject
to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity,
matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and
classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, paternal leave,
flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a
rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about
innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through
iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's
®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and
emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture
in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com .
Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants
for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information
and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal,
state or local law.