& Beverage Controller - Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190
Xanterra Travel Collection
Pulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
Join our team as the Food and Beverage Controller in Yellowstone National
Yellowstone National Park Lodges operates 31 restaurants within the park that
range from fast-casual to fine dining. The Food and Beverage Controller is a
seasonal position providing support, guidance and feedback regarding employee
performance in all cash handling and banking procedures. In addition, this
position audits, analyzes, tracks various systems which include Simphony, Cloudsuite to name a
few. The Food and Beverage Controller reports directly to the Assistant
Director of Food and Beverage.
Position Type: Seasonal, Full-time
Season Dates: End of March 2022 - Early November
Schedule: Varies – ~40+ hours per week. May
include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Location: The food and beverage department is based out of Mammoth Hot Springs in the park
Perks & Benefits
- In-park housing provided including Wi-Fi (limited
bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities included
- All meals provided including breakfast, lunch, and dinner included
- No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
- Free Employee
Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, van trips,
hiking, and more).
- $350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
Click here for more perks
Why Choose Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion
for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests.
As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we the
primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud
stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram, TikTok,
- Perform all duties toward the goal of
providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Print, review and analyze Simphony reports daily. Work with IT to identify
weaknesses and make recommendations on Simphony
set-up and maintenance.
- Review findings, identify weaknesses and
make recommendations to the support office and F&B management park
- Maintain files for tracking employee
performance on the Simphony Point of Sales
- Assist with shift audits on location.
- Provide support, guidance and feedback to
Food & Beverage park wide operations regarding employee performance
in all aspects of cash handling and banking procedures.
- Work closely with all F & B
locations, F& B Support Staff and location Controllers to ensure
cash handling procedures are being followed and that appropriate
documentation is on file.
- Audits and assists in monthly inventory
process on location.
- Audits warehouse inventory process on
location including on-site inspection of Sysco deliveries.
- Assist Internal Auditor with related
- Assist in the development and
implementation of training programs for all cash handling positions in
the Food & Beverage department.
- Supports Cloudsuite
ordering and inventory system. Assists in training staff on use of Cloudsuite
- Maintain confidentiality regarding work
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Research guest complaints and work with
General Accounting Office towards reimbursement.
- Maintain a professional attitude and
appearance while on duty and in dealing with employees.
- Follow Company and departmental
environmental practices to minimize wasted energy and resources.
- Follow Company and departmental safety
practices to minimize risk to self and others.
- Follow Company and departmental policies
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Accuracy, speed and attention to detail.
- Previous accounting experience,
preferably with food and beverage operations, with an emphasis in
auditing, documentation, and process evaluation.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Motivational, organizational, and time
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Advanced computer skills with Word and
Excel with an emphasis on Macros.
- Working knowledge of Simphony
Point of Sales system helpful.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- In-park and overnight travel required.
- Must be able to work all shifts including
weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to stand for variable
amounts of time, approximately 3 hours.
- Must be able to walk variable distances.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods
of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry a maximum
of 25 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach
for variable periods of time.