Manager - Lena, IL 61048
Savencia Cheese USA
from the full job description
Paid time off
Full Job Description
This position coordinates all Plant Food Safety and Quality
activities for Savencia Cheese USA LLC. This
position is responsible for ensuring that the production and distribution of
products meets or exceeds all quality standards. This person also has responsibility
for communicating quality results and the transfer of knowledge to the
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for product safety and
quality while meeting Company and regulatory standards, and has
oversight responsibility for a continuous quality improvement program
that includes quality control and quality assurance.
- Manages the operation of the plant
laboratory, including ensuring supplies and equipment are available.
- Ensures product safety, regulatory
compliance, and compliance with company standards as stated in the
Quality Manual, Laboratory Manual, and Company Policy and Programs by
inspecting and auditing the product, process and all systems.
- Helps drive Continuous Improvement
efforts in product quality/performance and process optimization.
- Provides leadership in coaching,
education and training of plant employees (new hires) and refresher
training for GMPs and PRPs.
- Active member of HACCP/FSP team.
- Provides Customer inputs into portals
provided as required, and views/monitors postings to ensure all
requirements are met.
- Reviews all product labels used in the
facility and ensures adherence to regulatory and Company standards.
- Maintains or ensures the maintenance of
the all QA related Database Systems for the facility (LIMS, etc.).
- Ensures adherence to appropriate
regulations and Company standards for ingredient and finished product
- Supervises the appropriate chemical,
bacteriological, sensory and utilization tests on raw materials and
- Communicates quality metric and
inspection results to appropriate Supervisors and others in leadership
positions including, but not limited to daily, weekly or monthly KPI
reporting to Corporate.
- Ensures that proper sanitation procedures
are utilized and that adequate sanitation tests are performed; provides
“troubleshooting” efforts in the event of sanitation system failure.
- Develops and maintains documentation of
all required quality tests and activities.
- Leads local, state, customer/third party,
group and federal audits and inspections.
- Responsible for QA lab budgetary control,
including labor and “Cost of Quality” utilizing Continuous Improvement
- Ensures adherence to all contract
packaging quality requirements.
- Leads by example with the Savencia Cheese USA Code of Ethics. This includes
following Company policies, standards and specifications.
- Daily tasting, evaluating product holds,
and product releases.
This position manages employees in the Quality lab and is
responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in
an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
The physical demands of an office position include mostly
sitting and working at a computer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days
are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Some flexibility in hours is
allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 10% travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Dairy
Science or a science-based area of study with a focus on microbiology
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory
- Possess a working knowledge of sanitation
systems, techniques and procedures
- Solid experience with Good Manufacturing
- Experience leading and following
Safety/Security Policies and Procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Strong team player and leader with the
ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines
- Ability to adapt to changing
organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and
Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any
- Knowledgeable in FSMA rules and
regulations including Preventive Controls for Human Food, Sanitary
Transportation Rule, Food Defense, Food Fraud, and Foreign Supplier
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in Continuous Improvement (CI)
- Previous experience as a lead auditor
- Experience in soft ripened cheese or
cream cheese applications
1st Day Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Short and Long Term Disability
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
Paid Vacation and 10 Holidays