Safety and Quality Assurance Supervisor - Plymouth, WA 99346
Number of hires for this role
from the full job description
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Employee assistance program
Professional development assistance
Full Job Description
River Point Farm is seeking a high-potential Food Safety
and Quality Assurance Supervisor to join our Onion Packing facility.
The FSQA Supervisor directs quality assurance activities at the facility and
oversees the collection of data that evaluate the quality of incoming raw
product and finished goods quality.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of onion
grades and quality expectations of our customers.
- Supervise all QA lab technicians and
maintain integrity among the staff.
- Supervise the collection of food safety
monitoring logs and onion samples for microbial analysis.
- Directly responsible for the direct
oversight, implementation, and maintenance of the Food Safety and
Quality systems associated with BRC (GFSI) compliance.
- Serves as the lead internal auditor,
ultimately responsible for ensuring that all audits are performed as
scheduled by the site internal audit team, as written in the policy.
- Responsible for coordinating HACCP and
senior management meetings as required by policy.
- Responsible for coordinating trace-back
and recall exercises and ensuring that all members of the Recall Team
are trained as needed.
- Responsible for the oversight of root
cause investigations for any food safety and/or quality-related issues.
- Responsible for ensuring that all
corrective actions arising from food safety and/or quality-related
incidences are closed out and verified, and all incidences are reported
in a timely manner to site management.
- Responsible for the overall document
control systems for all food safety- and quality-related standard
- Monitor and maintain Environmental
Program, plan, corrective actions, and trending analysis.
- Collaborates across functions to insure
consistent implementation of new, improved processes. Establishes
measurable criteria to ensure desired results are obtained. Provides
management with updates via tracking reports on quality project
progress, in line with set priority and timing targets.
- Evaluate the facility compliance with
regards to food safety requirements.
- Provide training as necessary to assure
QA personnel are adequately trained for their position requirements.
- Inspect packaging materials for
compliance with food safety requirements and customer specifications.
- Associate's degree minimum. Bachelor's
degree in food science or related field desired.
- 3-5 years relevant supervisory experience
in quality/food processing and quality systems in food industry.
- Advanced communication skills, written
- Strong interpersonal skills. Be able to
effectively communicate to all personnel including management.
- Basic math skills such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Computer competency with data entry and
- Knowledge of TQM, SSOP, GMPs, HACCP and
general food safety.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements
of the role.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Ability to work flexible schedule,
including after hours and travel, per company needs.
AgReserves, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender, identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. Qualified applicants must be legally and
lawfully authorized to be employed and work in the United States without
current or future visa sponsorship - AgReserves,
Inc is not sponsoring visas at this time.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location