The comprehensive food safety information website
Site Safety Manager - Fredericksburg, PA 17026
From $60,000 a year
Number of hires for this role
Pulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
Job Title: Safety Manager Status: Exempt
Department: Safety Date: 02/01/2022
Reports to: Complex Manager
Responsible for the development and administration of a comprehensive safety and health program to ensure the well-being of employees and compliance with government regulations. Design and implement programs and practices to reduce and prevent workplace accidents, injuries, and exposure to potential health hazards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop, implement, monitor, and update safety programs, policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure employee safety and compliance with government safety regulations.
2. Develop and implement accident prevention plans and recommend safety incentive programs.
3. Conduct audits and inspections of work processes, facilities, and machinery in order to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation and Company policy compliance.
4. Research and recommend safety equipment. Maintain calibrations on all safety monitoring equipment. Ensure the performance of required safety inspections on all safety equipment (fire extinguishers, respirators, hazmat equipment, fall protection, etc.).
5. Conduct investigations for accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures. Work with departments to implement improvements to reduce safety hazards and health risks.
6. Develop Safety Orientation for new hires. Develop and coordinate all annual employee safety training and certifications. Maintain thorough documentation of all training provided.
7. Maintain the OSHA 300 injury log and other applicable records for government compliance. Monitor and track safety data and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
8. Administer the Process Safety Management Program which includes leading the site's PSM team and submitting required regulatory documents.
9. Ensure EPA compliance and submit environmental reporting for EPA including Form R and Tier 2 reports.
10. Serve as Advisor on the Company Safety Committee. Develop agendas and supporting materials for departmental safety meetings and ensure completion.
11. Oversee the Contractor Safety Program and ensure compliance with Company safety policies.
12. Manage the Workers' Compensation program, including the claim processing and review process.
13. Provide first aid and initial treatment of injuries.
14. Serve as liaison during the conducting of and in response to regulatory inspections by government agencies.
15. Perform industrial hygiene sampling.
16. Coordinate with the Maintenance Manager to update the MSDS for all
17. Maintain current working knowledge of OSHA regulations.
18. Perform other comparable and related duties, as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in related field and minimum three to five years’ safety management experience in a manufacturing environment, or an equivalent combination of experience
· Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations and workplace requirements
· Solid understanding of ergonomic principles as they pertain to a production environment
· Possess basic first aid and CPR skills and certification, or obtain as condition of employment
· Ability to work as part of a team and support management directives
· Ability to be flexible and work independently
· High level of organization and recordkeeping skills
· Bilingual Spanish/English preferred but not required
Exposure to fluorescent lights
Exposure to cold climate: 40 – 50 degrees, 50%
Travel 0 - 5%
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com