Food Safety Manager - Pelion, SC 29123
$60,000 - $70,000 a year
1 year (Required)
school or equivalent (Preferred)
Pulled from the full job description
Paid time off
Full Job Description
We are currently in search of a Food Safety Manager supporting our
corporate programs across locations in Pelion, SC, Bunnell, FL, and Somerset,
The Food Safety Manager is primarily responsible for monitoring and
supporting the food safety and quality assurance programs across all growing
and production facilities. This position provides a great opportunity to gain
exposure to a key function at WP Rawl and grow
within our organization.
- Communicate any issues or concerns with
the Supply Chain department in a timely manner.
- Lead and coordinate all internal, 2nd and
3rd party audit preparations. Communicate FSQA protocols to auditors and
auditees. Oversee and coordinate fulfillment of corrective actions
pertaining to any non-compliance received during said audit.
- Manage all programs assigned, including
but not limited to: Environmental, Pest Control, Supplier Approval,
Water Testing, Customer Complaints, and Shelf Life.
- Monitor and identify gaps in food safety
and quality assurance processes or team member skillsets and recommend
plans for closing the gaps.
- Responsible for organization during
- Responsible for working with supervisors
and team members to assure the food safety program goals and objectives
are being accomplished. Responsibilities would cover inbound produce as
well as the products being delivered to WP Rawl
customers. This position serves as a highly motivated leader and quick
thinker that possess the ability to interact with a host of different
- Travel time up to 50% to other locations
(Florida and Pennsylvania).
- Update and maintain all customer accounts
with new audit reports as needed.
- Update and maintain all SOPS regarding
FSMS, GAP and GMP.
- Update and maintain HACCP/Food Safety
- Work on special projects for the FSQA
- Work with FSQA data software systems.
The Food Safety Manager will work in an office setting and in the production
area. Production Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse,
where the temperature averages 36-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Exposure to loud noise
- May do some light lifting
- Heavy Forklift Traffic
- Requires standing and walking on concrete
- Full benefits package available medical,
dental, vision, plus flexible spending, short term disability, life insurance
- 401(K) plan with
company match available
WP Rawl is an Equal Opportunity
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- Quality Control Inspectors: 3 years
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
824 Fairview Rd, Pelion, SC 29123