Nutrition Aide/Janitor - Logan, UT
Bear River Head Start
$12.50 an hour - Full-time
$12.50 an hour
the full job description
Full Job Description
"This EHS Nutrition Aide/Janitor Position is 40 hours per
week 12 months per year and rate of pay is $12.50 per hour. Eligible for
benefits, including personal and annual leave, health insurance and
Under the supervision of the EHS Center-based manager, direct supervision may
be assigned according to program needs. oHoHHThe
Nutrition Aide/Janitor will carry out the objectives and philosophy of
nutrition component and work closely with staff in following program
COOK RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, and
team meetings, as directed.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
about staff and enrolled families, discussing them only on a need to
- Plan menus according to CACFP
- Shop for food.
- Wash, rinse and sanitize all equipment
used for prep and service and return to proper storage area.
- Clean kitchen after each use.
- Prepare and assist in food preparation
- Clean up after each meal or snack.
- Remember Bear River Early Head Start is a
mandatory reporting agency.
- Keep temperature logs on refrigerator,
freezer, and dry food daily.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
JANITOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Cleaning kitchens and bathrooms after
- Shampooing carpets as needed.
- Keeping paper and cleaning products
- Purchasing of cleaning and maintenance
supplies and other supplies for the center as needed.
- Every Friday do a thorough cleaning
(clean out refrigerator and oven). Freezer when needed.
- Make monthly checks of smoke detectors
and keep a log.
- When applicable, make sure the ramps to
the doors are clear of snow and apply ice melt.
- Previous cleaning/maintenance experience
- Experience working with Head Start or
Early Head Start preferred.
- Experience working directly with infants
and toddlers and families preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a food handler's
permit, CPR, first aid certifications, immunizations, pass a TB test,
- Must demonstrate excellent communication
skills, orally and in writing, have basic computer skill, and be able to
communicate with staff and parents.
- Must have the ability to be organized,
cooperative, flexible, and adaptable to frequent changes, and be an
effective, mature team member.
- Must be willing to follow direction and
take on additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Understanding of and ability to maintain
- Must a valid Utah driver's license and
proof of automobile insurance.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and
be in good physical condition.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours,
including evening and morning shifts, and possibly some Saturdays.
- Must be reliable, able to work without
- Must be self-motivated.
"All employment with Bear River Head Start is contingent
upon Policy Council approval, and successful results of a background check.
All applicants must also pass a drug test prior to hire including working
with children and families. Refusal to submit to testing will result in
disqualification of further employment consideration."
Job Type: Full-time