Systems Manager (Spice Mill) - Hunt Valley, MD 21031
McCormick & Company
from the full job description
Paid time off
Full Job Description
McCormick & Company, Inc., a global leader in the spice,
flavor, and seasonings industry, is seeking a full-time Quality
Systems Manager. This new hire will work at the Spice Mill,
located in Hunt Valley, MD. The Quality Systems Manager will
report to a Quality Manager II.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor with
approximately 13,000 employees worldwide. As a Fortune 500 company with over
$5 billion in annual sales across 160 countries and territories, we
manufacture, market, and distribute spices, seasoning mixes, condiments, and
other flavorful products to the entire food industry including e-commerce, retail,food manufacturers and
foodservice businesses. Our most popular brands include McCormick, French's,
Frank's RedHot, Stubb's,
OLD BAY, Lawry's, Zatarain's, Ducros,
Vahiné, Cholula, Schwartz, Kamis,
DaQiao, Club House, Aeroplane,
and Gourmet Garden. Every day, no matter where or what you eat or drink, you
can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. Our Purpose is "To Stand Together
for the Future of Flavor and our Vision is "A World United by
Flavor—where healthy, sustainable and delicious go hand in hand."
As a company recognized for its exceptional commitment to employees,
McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services. Benefits
include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision,
disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays, and
- Leads the development, maintenance, and
auditing of the plant Quality systems and specific customer driven
- Leads internal Food Safety Team and
maintains all aspects of Food Safety program.
- Leads the Positive Release Program and
mentors a team of <5 direct reports responsible for assuring material
is released to the marked after all testing and verifications have been
- Revises and distributes procedural
changes to the Quality programs as needed.
- Conducts internal and mock audits and
facilitates 3rd party, customer, regulatory, and vendor audits; develops
and manages root cause and corrective action program for audit findings.
- Provides customer required documentation
including, but not limited to, monthly / quarterly reports, Certificates
of Analysis, and customer complaint/inquiry responses.
- Leads the plant in determining the annual
Quality Program training needs and assists in the scheduling and
implementation of these programs plant wide.
- Primary trainer for GMP, Food Safety, and
allergens in the plant.
- Provides leadership with cause, effect
and corrective actions required to resolve deviations from customer
- Assists in determining disposition of
hold materials using opportunities to reprocess out of specification,
obsolete or slow-moving materials.
- Interacts with McCormick corporate and
customers at any and all levels required, to establish and maintain
effective business relationships.
- Maintains and updates plant recall
program; schedules and conducts traceability exercises.
- Oversees the plant sanitation and GMP
compliance through managing the pest control and environmental control
programs and auditing the sanitation procedures.
- Administers customer complaint process.
- Administers foreign material control
- Administers allergen control program.
- Provides Quality leadership to the
facility in the absence of the Quality Manager.
- Manages the Quality Notification Process
and including control of raw materials, work in process and finished
goods with quality and food safety concerns.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Food
Science, Chemistry, Engineering, or a relevant technical field
- Minimum 4 years of Quality experience in
a food, beverage, flavor, ingredient and/or pet food manufacturing plant
- Experience leading teams and/or managing
- Knowledge and experience working with FDA
compliant Food Safety Programs and related required documentation
- Experience with GFSI
- Experience reading and interpreting
technical documents such as specifications, procedure manuals, and
technical data sheets
- Excellent verbal and written
communication skills necessary to effectively interact with all levels
within the facility and organization as well as with external auditors,
suppliers, and customers
- Experience working well with all levels
of employees, as well as internal and external customers in both
individual and team-based situations
- Experience working independently to
organize and track short-term and long-term projects and tasks to
achieve successful completion within expected deadlines
- Experience reacting to multiple and
changing priorities and successfully achieving results within a
compressed time frame
- Experience recognizing problems,
analyzing them, offering solutions and using logical thought processes
when making decisions
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Word, MS
Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet
the needs of a three-shift food manufacturing operation
- Experience developing, coaching and
motivating employees in a team-based environment
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- FDA and USDA experience
- SQF Practitioner Certification
- PCQI certification
- SAP Experience
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships
upon hire or in the future.