Safety Manager (FSM) – Shell Egg - Canby, OR 97013
Willamette Egg Farms
Indeed's salary guide
Not provided by employer
$49.4K to $62.6K per year is
Indeed's estimated salary for food manager in Canby, OR 97013.
Report inaccurate salary
Full Job Description
The Food Safety Manager (FSM) – Shell Egg is responsible for
overseeing, implementing and the overall success of the food safety and
quality assurance programs for all Willamette Egg Farms shell egg processing
facilities. This position is will be based out of Canby, OR or Moses Lake, WA. The Quality Assurance (QA) personnel
based out of Canby and Moses Lake relevant to carrying out the food safety
and quality programs within the shell eggs plants report directly to this
position. The FSM has a direct responsibility to understand and guide the
entire operation in all federal, state, and customer/third party
regulations/standards including but not limited to FDA, USDA, SQF, etc.
Overall, this manager is responsible for ensuring that activities carried out
at the sites allow us to produce and deliver safe and wholesome product to
our customers. This position works directly with the Compliance Team,
Operations Management and Personnel, Safety Team, and Human Resources.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops, issues and continuously
improves programs, including compliance with regulations
and/or standards from SQF, FDA, USDA, state departments and
- Provides leadership, manages, develops
and is directly responsible for the day-to-day functions for the Quality
- Schedule Quality Assurance personnel and
maintain staffing levels that ensure that all Quality Assurance
functions are completed on all processing shifts.
- Focus the plants on providing a safe,
quality product and outstanding service to our customers.
- Ensures programs are reviewed, maintained
and kept current as required.
- Carries out routine reviews with
- Carries out training for all members of
the Quality Assurance team as well as routine training for operations
and other personnel as it applies to food safety and quality assurance.
- Stays current and up to date on new
rules, regulations, standards, etc. to ensure necessary changes to
standards/programs are made as needed.
- Preps and leads third party audits for
all food safety and quality programs related to shell eggs.
- Assist in the investigation, resolution,
completion and documentation of corrective actions for operations,
customer complaints, etc., as applicable.
- Assists with the upkeep of all relevant
trending/data and reviews this data to drive opportunities for
improvement in operations and compliance (GMP, hold product, validation
- Develops and implements food safety and
quality training programs for operations personnel.
- Works with site management to investigate
and carry out corrective actions for all customer complaints and
- Carries out routine internal audits of
all shell egg facilities.
- Routine travel and site visits to all
facilities located in Oregon and Washington.
- Serves as SQF Practitioner and/or backup
practitioner for shell egg facilities.
- Promote a culture of food safety through
- Ensures compliance programs and personnel
meet Versova’s core values.
- Performs all duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
(Quality Assurance, Food Science, Biology, Operations Management, etc.)
or commensurate experience
- 2-4 years of experience managing
personnel and programs preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in similar
processing environment, including food safety and quality assurance
- Working knowledge of food safety and
quality assurance principles along with knowledge of state and federal
regulations related to food production preferred (especially within
- Excellent communication (written /
verbal) skills, organized, goal oriented, accountable. Good leadership
skills. Must be competent in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
Must have good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate results of
"buy-in" and employee ownership of compliance programs.
- HACCP certification (or ability to become
- SQF certification (or ability to become certified)
- Able to lift 50lbs. Able to work in
various climate conditions including extreme heat and cold environments,
walking, standing and sitting for long periods of time.