The comprehensive food safety information website
Industry Trainer, Food, Beverage & Natural Products - Asheville, NC 28801
$52,440 - $57,684 a year - Full-time
$52,440 - $57,684 a year
Pulled from the full job description
Continuing education credits
Credit union membership
Flexible spending account
Show 5 more benefits
Full Job Description
Position Summary Information
Industry Trainer, Food, Beverage & Natural Products
Full Time Regular
Expected Work Schedule
Monday - Friday
8 am to 5 pm with occasional after hours as necessary
Anticipated Hours per Week
A-B Tech Enka
Job Description Summary
This position will be responsible for developing and
delivering training in assigned areas. This position will contribute to BioNetwork by instructing and supervising students in the
areas of Food, Beverage, Dietary Supplement, and Cosmetic in regulatory,
safety, and production-related topics.
1. Delivers training both on-site at the BioNetwork Food, Beverage, & Natural Products Center at A-B Tech and off-site across North Carolina. Significant Travel is expected.
2. Develops short courses and training modules in areas of expertise with an emphasis on food safety and FDA regulatory compliance processes with topics including 21 CFR, food safety hazards, HACCP, current Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety Modernization Act, Preventive Controls for Human Foods/Animal Foods, Food Defense, environmental monitoring, cleaning, sanitation and documentation/technical writing according to current regulatory and industry standards.
3. Monitors industry trends and benchmark practices in other states and countries.
4. Maintains currency in the field of expertise, training, and instructional development, and in the course, delivery to ensure best practices in designing and delivering education and training.
5. Develops reports related to established metrics that assess the effectiveness of our programs and gauge the needs of the industry sector.
6. Maintains effective positive working relationships with industry representatives, BioNetwork colleagues, community college staff, and the general public.
7. Represents BioNetwork at meetings, conferences, and presentations by the promotion of our resources, capabilities, and programs to internal and external customers.
8. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and
10. Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Food, Beverage, and Natural Products
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a Bachelorís degree;
1. Minimum of a Masterís degree or higher in the area of expertise or five years of documented work experience in the field;
2. Minimum of five years of full-time or equivalent experience working in a cGMP environment including experience with documentation, quality, and/or regulatory experience;
3. Experience teaching in Higher Education;
4. Technical writing experience;
5. Industry recognized certifications:
o IHA HACCP
o Preventive Controls for Human Foods
o Seafood HACCP
o BRC/SQF Auditor
o Documentation with an SQF/BRC system
6. Experience in creating and delivering training programs using adult learning principles ;
7. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Read the following before submitting the Application:
2. Upload Required Documents:
PLEASE NOTE: DIPLOMAS OR A COPY OF DEGREE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE INSTEAD OF TRANSCRIPT
If selected for hire:
PLEASE NOTE: FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN THE WITHDRAWAL OF THE JOB OFFER.
Why Should I Work at A-B Tech?
A-B Tech is nestled in the mountains of Western North Carolina and has served as the regionís premier two-year college since our establishment in 1959. With five locations, the College service area includes Buncombe and Madison Counties. We are a family of approximately 10,000 curriculum students, 14,000 continuing education students, and 1,100 faculty & staff. We offer an array of programs to meet local workforce needs which culminate in 55 degrees, 18 diplomas, and 56 certificates. A-B Tech is indicative of the modern comprehensive community college Ė providing innovative educational programming and collaborative community development. If you are dedicated to student and community success, then we invite you to explore employment opportunities at A-B Tech. We hope you will consider joining the A-B Tech Trailblazer family!
A-B Tech Welcoming Culture (R.I.S.E)
A-B Tech commits to demonstrating an inclusive and welcoming culture of Respect, Integrity, and Support for Everyone.
A-B Tech is looking for:
A person who shares our commitment to sustaining a workplace that offers equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability genetic information/medical history, age, and/or veteran/military status. In addition, the College prohibits discrimination based on any characteristic or condition protected by law, but not specifically mentioned here.
Posting Detail Information
Review Date: (Application should be submitted by 8:00 a.m. EST on this date for consideration)
Keep Open Until Filled
Salary or Hourly Pay Range (Salary is Non-Negotiable)
Salary: $52,440 - $57,684
Your total compensation goes beyond this maximum salary.
Your A-B Tech benefits represent nearly 30% of your total compensation.
Total Compensation:$76,420 Ė $83,292
A-B Techís Human Resources (HR) department is located on the main campus at the Sunnicrest House. This beautiful Tudor-style Historic house served as a private residence for guests of the Vanderbilt family for the first century of the homeís life. Today you will find a professional HR family that is dedicated to ensuring all employees and applicants receive fast and accurate answers, compassion, fairness, and kindness from Monday through Friday 9:00 am Ė 5:00 pm. To ensure a prompt hiring process, please read the application directions located on the HR website. For questions, you may email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to our A-B Tech family!
††††††††††† Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
††††††††††† If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org