Administrative Technician - ENVIRONMENTAL
HEALTH and FOOD SAFETY (Health Services) - Memphis, TN
$2,636 a month - Full-time
$2,636 a month
Full Job Description
Provide clerical support to management staff of Environmental Health and Food
Safety with oversight and direction of the clerical activities in the
Environmental Health and Food Safety Permit Office.
Pay Grade: 43 Minimum Qualifications
100.00% - 1. Four (4) years of experience in appropriate clerical,
bookkeeping, data processing or statistical work and a high school diploma or
possess GED; or
2. Three (3) years of experience in appropriate clerical, bookkeeping, data
processing or statistical work and one (1) year of college study (30 semester
hours or 36 quarters) from an accredited college or university.
3. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. Duties and
1. Assures competent work force by providing training to the Clerical
Specialists in the Permit Office.
2. Diagnoses and investigates problems with the state data systems regarding
permit collections and data entry.
3. Investigates discrepancies in renewal bills and late fee collections.
4. Develops plans and practices that promote efficiency in handling financial
transactions in the permit office.
5. Researches the history of establishments for current ownership.
6. Enforces laws related to the application of late fees and penalties as
7. Links TDH and TDA data systems to Shelby County IT to resolve computer
8. Develops operational and technical forms and spreadsheets for management
9. Provides day-to-day supervision of the clerical staff and the operations
of the Permit Office.
10. Performs other related duties as required or directed. Knowledge, Skills
KSAs - 1. Knowledge of laws, ordinances, rules and regulations affecting the
collection of appropriate permit fees and the skill in applying them.
2. Ability to produce and maintain spread sheets of daily receipts.
3. Ability to plan, organize and maintain an even flow of work.
4. Ability to maintain continuous mental alertness and reasoning.
5. Ability to perform accurate mathematical computations.
6. Ability to spell, punctuate and use grammar correctly.
7. Ability to interact courteously with the public and to resolve problematic
8. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions that have
a substantial relationship to potential job duties. Only convictions that are
substantially related to potential job duties will be considered and will not
automatically disqualify the candidate.