Daniel's Food Safety & Quality Systems Leader - Lynchburg, TN 37352
Meaningful Work From Day One
Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, training, and
compliance of the Food Safety and Quality Systems for Jack Daniel Distillery,
Lem Motlow Prop., a production facility producing
over 19 million cases of finished goods annually. Serve as the subject matter
expert and provide guidance and support for managers/supervisors to ensure
that the plant complies with Food Safety and Quality system requirements.
What You Can Expect
- Quality and Food Safety Practitioner
- Quality Systems : Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance
of the SQF Global Food Safety and Quality Systems including HACCP plan,
writing procedures and auditing documentation for compliance.
- Jack Danielís Bottling Food Safety and
Quality Team (FSQ) : Lead the FSQ team meetings, risk assessments, and
troubleshooting efforts. This
multidisciplinary team is responsible for developing, implementing, and
enforcing the documented and approved Food Safety and Quality Plan and
related documents. Must work with other members of the team to perform a
full review of the documented and implemented plan at least annually, or
when changes to the process, equipment, inputs, or other changes
affecting product safety or quality occur.
- Management Review Meetings : Gather data and lead monthly meetings, deliver status of SQF
programs and continuous improvement efforts.
- Subject Matter Expert : Provide guidance to managers, supervisors, and hourly employees
to maintain compliance with SQF, HACCP, FSMA, Corporate Food Safety and
Quality Systems program, policies, procedures, and regulatory
- Verifications/ Validations: Completes all verifications/validations as defined in
SQF program. Reviews and verifies production documents as
outlined in HACCP, FSMA, and SQF programs.
- Trend analysis: Performs trend analysis on food safety parameters to
identify and mitigate potential threats.
- Internal Audits : Trains internal auditors, conducts and documents routine
internal audits to the SQF Codes.
- Food Defense : Serve as the Jack Daniels Food Defense Qualified Individual and
member of the Jack Danielís Bottling Food Defense Team. This multidisciplinary team is responsible for
developing as well as implementing and enforcing the documented and
approved Food Defense Plan. Must work with other members of the team to
perform a full review of the documented and implemented plan at least
- FSMA : Serve as the
Preventive Controls Qualified Individual for Jack Danielís Bottling.
- Document Control : Develop and maintain documentation in the Quality Management
Software (EtQ Reliance) to support the
Brown-Forman Food Safety and Quality, and SQF Food Safety and Quality
compliance. Ensure documents are controlled and that document changes
are completed in a timely manner to support production needs.
- Consumer Complaints : Monitors trends in consumer complaints database and reports data
to management on a timely basis. Investigates complaints related to food
safety and quality.
- Training: Ensures
all employee annual and ongoing food safety training is conducted to
help create a culture of food safety.
- Culture: Engage
in food safety and Quality culture through support and participation of
- Continuous Improvement : Provides resources and leadership for continuous improvement of
Food Safety and Quality systems. Provides direction on appropriate
corrective actions and ensures corrective actions are appropriately
documented and verified
- Responsible for the JD South Facility
Housekeeping Program. Leads Housekeeping Meetings and maintains records
for South Facility audits. Distributes audits to Department Managers,
tracks corrective action responses, analyzes data for trends, and
provides guidance on corrective actions to managers to maintain
- Responsible for Pest control program and
primary contact for Pest Control provider.
- Kosher Compliance
- Serve as primary contact for Kosher
Compliance audits. Ensure that the plant has updated Kosher certificates
for ingredients used in Kosher production.
- General Compliance
- Serves as liaison during compliance
audits by corporate and external agencies.
Maintain the following certifications current:
- GFSI Food Safety Certification
- PCQI Certification
- HACCP Certification
- Food Defense Coordinator
We Are Looking For People Who
- Have a Bachelorís Degree in a STEM Field
and 5+ years experience in production and/or
quality systems design and implementation.
- Must be HACCP certified and able to
implement and maintain the HACCP based Food Safety plan.
- Understand GFSI Food Safety Requirements
for Manufacturing and the requirements to implement and maintain a GFSI
Compliant System in an Alcoholic Beverage Manufacturing Plant.
- Demonstrated project leadership and
interpersonal skills with ability to coordinate efforts of managers of
- Demonstrated written communication skills
with ability to develop written procedures as well as clear, concise
reports of technical data.
- Demonstrated computer skills including
knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and
interpret statistical analyses.
What You Can Add To The Team
- M.S. Degree in Food Science, or related
field accompanied by food manufacturing experience.
- SQF Certified Practitioner and have
experience designing and implementing SQF Food Safety and Quality
programs for Alcoholic Beverage Manufacturers.
- Certified in Food Safety, HACCP, PCQI,
FDQI, Lead Auditor.
- Experience with EtQ
Reliance Software, Lucid Charts, SAP, and iAuditor.
- Prior Beverage Alcohol QC Lab Experience.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity
in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to
provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential
employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,
veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other
legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00004070