Safety Manager - Timonium, MD 21093
$75,000 - $85,000 a
year - Full-time
$75,000 - $85,000 a year
Pulled from the full job
Paid time off
Full Job Description
Michele’s Granola is a top-selling brand of small batch granola.
Our purpose from the start has been to make a better product in a better way.
This commitment has propelled the company from a farmer’s market granola to
nationwide grocery distribution with our entire product line still handmade
from scratch with clean simple ingredients. With strong revenue growth, a
passionate consumer following and a solid distribution footprint, the company
is poised to further accelerate growth to a national household name.
Michele’s is seeking new talent for its leadership team to direct the
expansion of the company and broaden its mission to share the benefits of
food from a better place.
- Putting real, wholesome, and delicious
food back into people’s pantries.
- Achieving scale without sacrificing principles
like sourcing high-quality organic ingredients, utilizing small-batch
production techniques, and offering outstanding fresh-baked flavor.
- Reducing the environmental impact of food
production and distribution, and increasing our positive social impact,
with innovative, sustained efforts.
- Building a positive and productive
workplace culture rooted in strong leadership, excellent teamwork, a
constant desire to improve, and good old-fashioned entrepreneurial grit.
Responsible for developing the Quality strategy, policies, processes,
standards, and systems for the Company and its supply chain to operate
This may include auditing to ensure compliance although this may
be carried out by a third-party accredited body.
The successful candidate will be a strong problem solver who is able to adapt
to an ever-growing environment and will never hesitate to roll up their
sleeves and help a process.
- Perform all duties ascribe to an SQF
- Manage Food Safety and Quality Assurance
- Maintain company’s GMP, Food Safety
Program and Quality Programs
- Represent company in customer requests
related to food safety
- Represent company for audits for FDA,
SQF, or other Food Safety related matters
- Monitor, validate, and inspect all
policies, procedures, documents, and logs related to GMPs, Food Safety
and Quality Assurance Programs
- Manage Supplier Approval Program.
- Perform necessary quality assurance (QA)
functions to ensure that specifications for raw materials, work-in-process
(WIP), and finished products are met
- Perform quality and food safety audits to
raw material specifications and certificates of analysis (COAs)
- Provide support to Procurement with
regards to food safety and quality assurance
- Manage HACCP & SQF team by conducting
monthly and semi-annual team meetings and training
- Conduct continuous training with existing
staff and new hires on food safety standards of company and FDA along
with GMP training
- Manage customer complaint procedures and
root-cause analysis for quality and food safety related matters.
- Perform mock recalls and traceability
exercises to validate traceability and mock recall policies and
- Conduct activities to ensure that
products meet our quality specifications and all food safety and
regulatory standards (FDA, SQF, HACCP, GMP)
- Conduct weekly, monthly, and yearly
environmental and allergen swabbing.
Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science or
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field
of Food/Beverage in Food Safety/QA
- Knowledge of FDA and GMP standards
- Must be an SQF practitioner
- HACCP certification preferred
- Familiar with food manufacturing process
- Ability to do mathematical calculations
with precision and consistency
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work in fast-past environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as
function effectively and comfortably as a multidisciplinary team member
where team results are considered more important than individual
- Experience with Third Party Food Audits
is a plus
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Medical Plan and prescription program administered by CareFirst
with employer contribution of $200 monthly
- 401k with employer match of up to 3% of
annual earnings, immediately upon hire
- Paid holidays, 6 annually
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- One week of accrued SICK time
- Employee discount on all granola products