Food Safety and Quality Specialist - Ankeny,
Indeed's salary guide
Not provided by employer
$56.1K - $71.1K a year is Indeed's estimated salary for
this role in Ankeny, IA.
Full Job Description
Ready to be part
of something special?
Join our Family!
maintains Food Safety and Quality programs, processes and procedures to
ensure products meet food safety regulatory requirements and meet or exceed
customer requirements. Provides support to operations in addressing food
safety and quality issues as necessary.
- SQF Practitioner – responsible for ensuring
alignment and compliance of the sites food safety and quality systems by
organizing and auditing the internal, external, regulatory and customer
- Internal and External auditing
responsibilities - responsible for conducting internal, cGMP, and HACCP
audits. Coordinates customer, third party, Regulatory (i.e. FDA), and
compliance audits with support from Quality Assurance Manager.
- Continuous Improvement and maintenance of
Food Safety and Quality Programs - responsible for collaborating with
manufacturing departments to improve current programs, implementation of
new programs, and Food Safety Culture in the facility. Support site as a
PCQI/SME in Food Safety, Quality, and compliance related areas; Kosher,
Halal, Organic, Gluten Free
- Coordinate key Food Safety and Quality
programs managed by Quality – Pest Control, Customer Complaints, SPC,
RCA, Hold Inventory, etc.
- Foster team environment and learning – assist
in tracking monthly key performance indicators within the quality group
and for facility. Share knowledge and assist in learning of department.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
and, incorporate safety and health in all tasks and responsibilities.
- Responsible for reporting any and all food
safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate
action. Assists with any corrective actions.
- Completes special projects and other duties
as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager.
duties of the Quality Assurance Manager in the manager’s absence.
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, Food
Science or related field.
- 5 years experience
in food plant quality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel,
Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- SQF Practitioner (obtain within 6-9 months)
- PCQI (obtain within 6-9 months)
- Internal Auditor
- HACCP Training
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness
and accuracy by being attentive to detail in identification of issues
and, the planning and the execution of tasks.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual
responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views;
Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving
conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves
problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information
skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and
persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets
clarification; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and
informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and
interpret written information.
B&G Foods is
an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your
EEO rights as an applicant under the law,