Associate Food Safety and Quality Manager - Aberdeen,
Pulled from the full job description
Indeed's salary guide
Not provided by employer
$89.3K - $113K a year is Indeed's estimated salary for
this role in Aberdeen, WA.
Full Job Description
Become a member
of the Markham, WA Leadership team. We are currently recruiting for a FS&Q
Manager with relocation assistance available.
A day in the
life of a Food Safety & Quality Manager:
- Direct the implementation of policies and
strategies established by the corporate team in quality, safety and
regulatory matters ensuring that systems are implemented, and in
compliance with internal and external FSQA standards and customers’
- Establish standards in relation to the
quality and food safety practices of the plant, handling the
documentation, systems and necessary resources for its implementation
- Analyze data obtained in the control of FSQA
operational steps carried out in the processes and the final product to
ensure compliance with the specifications of both areas of the
- Monitor Sanitation, Pest Programs, and plant
pre-requisite programs to ensure compliance with standards established
by the Corporation.
- FSQA Plant resource for commissioning,
qualification and verification of changes made in the processes and / or
equipment associated with the production of products produced in Ocean
Spray Lanco to ensure the achievement of
results under the food safety quality standards defined by the company.
- Guarantee the process of release of finished
products within procedures and standards of quality and safety according
to the specifications defined for this purpose.
- Plan the necessary activities associated to
food safety and quality incidents to establish solutions in line with
the company's policy in these matters and to coordinate with the area of
operations the materialization of such a solution.
- Directs and coordinates the HACCP
multidisciplinary team whose function is to design, implement and
improve the food safety system.
- Directs FSQA Assurance staff and is
responsible for their development and performance. Provides support,
coaching, and training to all employees in all aspects of the Company
food safety and quality program
- Proposes and / or coordinates continuous
improvement initiatives, with both the Plant areas and the Corporate
- Manage quality and food safety indicators by
providing information, guidance, and solutions to ensure compliance with
- Receives, coordinates and directs visits
from agencies or government agencies such as Seremi
Health, Agricultural and Livestock Service, FDA, etc. As well as
customer and corporate visits.
- Answers customer complaints based on
research and solutions when needed.
- Responsible for internal and external audits
associated with the plant, its infrastructure and production processes.
Knowledge - Skills
- Bachelors Degree and 5-7 years
- Knowledge in quality management systems
- Knowledge in food safety system recognized
by GSFI (SQF, HACCP, BRC, FSSC 22000, etc.
- Knowledge in statistical process control
- Knowledge in continuous improvement tools
- Quality auditor experience and/or
- Knowledge in non-conformance resolution
Who We Are:
You might have
our iconic cranberry juice in your fridge or have gotten into heated holiday
debate about what’s better - canned or fresh cranberry sauce. But did you
know that the hardworking people growing the superfruit in our products are
700 family farmers that own our cooperative? They entrust us with what is
most precious to them to create new and innovative products that will delight
consumers and grow this beloved brand today and into the future.
Team members, farmers, consumers and communities alike-we value what makes us
unique and strive to connect our farms to families for a better life by
living our values:
- Grower Mindset – We embrace our
grower-owners innovative spirit and heritage through confidence,
learning and focus on the future.
- Sustainable Results – Guided by purpose, we
are focused on delivering results for our grower-owners.
- Integrity Above All – We are ethical, doing
the right thing for our grower-owners, customers, consumers and each
- Inclusive Teamwork – We build diverse and
inclusive teams that strengthen our cooperative.
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or veteran status.