Production Supervisor (Packaging) - Decatur,
provided by employer
$66.5K - $84.1K a year is Indeed's estimated salary for
this role in Decatur, AL.
Location : Decatur AL
City : Decatur
State : Alabama (US-AL)
Country : United States
Responsible for the safe and
efficient operation of the Decatur AL Packaging line operations. Job scope
includes day to day leadership of hourly lead personnel and operators
functioning in a high performance team environment.
Ensuring a safe work culture and environment, driving cost savings and
productivity, ensuring proper staffing, meeting and improving employee and
Food safety performance exceeding customer expectations.
- Promote safety by driving a zero incident culture ensuring the safety of all
employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Ensure plant is compliant with all corporate
- Be an effective safety leader engaging in
Bunge Oils safety discussions and initiatives.
- Executes good manufacturing practices while
promoting a safe working environment and maintaining sanitation
standards (GMP and HAACP) through the supervision of all phases of the
- Practices basic principles of good people
management to include but not limited to hiring and training of new
employees and development of subordinates. Build and develop teams for
maximum efficiency and responsiveness.
- Continually identifies and implements short and long term cost savings opportunities, in
the areas of packaging operations that do not compromise quality
- Facilitates good communication by regularly
informing management of significant operational issues, changes and
- Participates in food safety inspections
including interacting with plant QA, regulatory agencies, and external
- Responsible for maintaining sanitation
levels for packaging department facilities.
- Participate and sustain productivity
- Coordinate the development of written
Standard Operating Procedures and ensure the proper training and
adherence to such procedures.
- Administer or coordinate discipline to
- Work with Packaging Manager, Project Engineers,
and Maintenance Department on developing and implementing a Capital
- Respond and take corrective action related
to customer complaints
- Maintain understanding of capacities,
monitor daily levels and plan future moves
- Operate department using objectives and
goals reviewed daily, weekly and monthly.
- Ensure integrity of all SAP transactions.
- Responsible for the daily operation of an
area on the shift assigned.
- Must meet OEE and other goals as outlined by
- Responsible for scheduling of employees and
work assignments in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- Responsible for the effective training of
employees under your supervision.
- Be prepared to work a flexible, 8, 10, or 12 hour schedule that will include off shifts and
- Has the responsibility to report all food
safety and quality issues to persons having authority to get issues
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3+ years direct supervisory
experience in packaging production or related experience
- Bachelorís degree or equivalent experience
in the field of work.
- Demonstrate ability to work safely and to
promote safe work practices in others
- Strong leadership skills with proven track
record of developing high performance teams. Work with self- directed
teams a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively on teams
with other managers, supply chain professionals, sales and commercial,
and engineering both internal and external to the facility.
- Knowledge of Packaging operations.
- Proven ability to manage, develop, motivate
and train employees.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as
Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, and PP), SAP and other technical software
- Demonstrated Mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening
- Candidate must be friendly, collaborative,
intelligent and hard working.
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in
sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and
ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bungeís expansive network feeds and fuels a
growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than
70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is
headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who
stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain
facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities
around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status,
or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity