Supplier Quality Technologist (Job Number: CHI02063) - IL-Chicago
Wrigley is a
recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product offerings
including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, and lollipops. Wrigley’s
world-famous brands – including Extra®, Orbit®, Doublemint®,
and 5™ chewing gums, as well as confectionery brands Skittles®, Starburst®,
Altoids® and Life Savers® – create simple
pleasures for consumers every day. With operations in more than 40
countries and distribution in more than 180 countries, Wrigley’s brands
bring smiles to faces around the globe. The company is headquartered in
Chicago, Illinois, employs approximately 17,000 associates globally, and
operates as a subsidiary of Mars, Incorporated. Based in McLean, Virginia,
Mars has net sales of more than $30 billion, six business segments
including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food,
Drinks, Symbioscience, and approximately 70,000
Associates worldwide that are putting our Mars Principles into action to
make a difference for people and the planet through our performance.
Quality Assurance role undertakes the SQA process with suppliers to
proactively ensure that their Quality Systems are in place to meet Mars
Quality & Food Safety (Q&FS) standards and enable the delivery of
all materials to Mars manufacturing facilities to specification.
The role has
three main purposes (1) the assessment and improvement of a supplier’s
capability to meet specification, (2) to ensure the resolution of
non-conforming material issues and (3) the technical development of the
supply base to meet future requirements.
Q&FS insights to the supply strategy.
• Assessment and confirmation of a suppliers
capability to meet Mars standards of supply, through
-Performing the SQA audit
-Review of analytical data
-Performing and review of process
capability trial data
-Verifying that supplier hazard
controls are operating effectively.
• Support the supplier to address gaps in Q&FS capability
identified in audits.
• Partner with the buyer in ensuring the material specs are reviewed,
understood and agreed by the supplier.
• Working with the supplier to investigate and resolve material non-conformances
to prevent reoccurrence.
• Undertake Supplier Development activities to build
technical and operational capability to meet the future requirements
of the supply strategy.
• To be aware of and assess changes to a suppliers capability to meet
the Mars Specification.
• Develop and utilize metrics to understand and improve the
Q&FS of the supply base.
• Ensuring that all suppliers are assigned a current status with
defined supply and verification requirements.
• Communicate business opportunities identified during supplier
Q&FS risk assessment of suppliers to assess and decide on suitability
to supply materials to Mars manufacturing sites.
• Undertake the SQA audit process with suppliers to identify strengths
and gaps required to be addressed.
• Report metric data and key trends for developing actionable plans at
suppliers and factories.
• Identify and communicate qualification project timing and status;
track completion against priorities.
• Ensure all data is consistent and accurate in the systems used.
• Display high standards of ethical conduct.
Completed BS Degree or 4-year BS degree in a technical discipline
or equivalent technical experience.
• Technical competencies in Quality and Food Safety
• 4+ years of internal and/or external supplier auditing
• Travel required as needed across the North America Region up to 40%
Strong technical competencies in Quality Assurance
Solid project management skills highly desired
4+ years of internal and external supplier quality lead auditing
Knowledge of gum and confectionery technology a plus
• Experience with Supplier Quality programs.
• Ability to influence people and facilitate alignment.
• Aptitude for understanding processes and the benefits of
• Easily adjusts to shifting work priorities, multiple demands,
adversity and change.
• Lead auditor certified to a GFSI Standard.
• Ability to facilitate teams and lead without direct authority.
• Proven Project Management Skills, including managing multiple. priorities and change management.
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are
considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If
you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process
because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is
pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a
result of such a request.
Nov 2, 2014, 8:27:19