Bread & Bakery Scientist-1501780 – Glenview, IL
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry – we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream – it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best – best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
This is a role for someone who craves a global challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the model in the largest business unit for Kraft Heinz. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function against a blank slate without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
This is a technical leadership role providing direction for and execution of projects for the Oscar Mayer Meal Combination businesses with emphasis on bread and bakery items. The candidate will be creating and driving technical projects to meet business initiatives including new products, brand renovations, quality improvements, and productivity. This candidate should have a proven record of executing work plans and driving for results in a variety of settings. This includes understanding the business need, designing and executing tests, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, documenting, communicating results, and commercializing products. Proven communication and teamwork skills are essential in this role, which operates in a cross-functional environment. The candidate must also have a strong technical background and be able to apply prior learning or scientific principles to new situations. This position requires an individual to manage multiple assignments/ tasks concurrently and demonstrate a high degree of autonomy. Exhibiting a collaborative mindset and applying innovative solutions to the brand are a must.
· Work with cross functional team to identify solutions to meet the needs of the meal combination businesses
· Adapt and apply scientific principles to new situations/products and have a high degree of autonomy
· Translate research findings into meaningful business opportunities and communicate to cross-functional teams
· Manage multiple assignments/research projects concurrently and possess the ability to prioritize between a variety of business initiatives
· Specification writing with attention to detail
· Formula/product commercialization working closely with cross-functional team members in production plants
· BS/MS in Bakery Science or Cereal Chemistry
· Minimum 5 years in a Technical Function (which can include all graduate work)
· Product development experience in refrigerated and frozen bread and bakery (muffins, cakes, brownies) products
· Experience using Extended Shelf Life (ESL) and microwaveable technology
· Excellent interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and with external suppliers
· Strong problem solving and leadership skills
· Manage multiple assignments/tasks concurrently with the ability to prioritize work
· Basic understanding of Design of Experiments
· Willingness to travel 30%
Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American’s with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 847 646-6044 for assistance.
: Quality Assurance
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com