Process Engineer (Desserts)-1402013 - DE-Dover
Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: KRFT) is one of North America’s largest consumer packaged food and beverage companies, with annual revenues of more than $18 billion. With the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse, Kraft has an unrivaled portfolio of products in the beverages, cheese, refrigerated meals and grocery categories. The company’s iconic brands include Kraft, Capri Sun, JELL-O, Kool-Aid, Lunchables, Maxwell House, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Planters and Velveeta. Kraft’s 22,500 employees in the U.S. and Canada have a passion for making the foods and beverages people love. Kraft is a member of the Standard & Poor’s 500 and the NASDAQ-100 indices. For more information, visit www.kraftfoodsgroup.com and www.facebook.com/kraft.
Initially, the primary focus will be on building knowledge on product/process issues in daily manufacturing, developing product/process/ingredient knowledge on root causes, and providing solutions to prevent them. The candidate will work closely with manufacturing facilities and drive cross-site collaboration between continuous improvement engineering, analytical research, and product development.
· Gain experience in process engineering design in powder dry mix, aseptic products, and aerated systems.
· Grow commercialization proficiency in processing as well as product development.
· Become knowledgeable of and involved in many dessert projects.
· Build perspective on product/process issues that arise during daily manufacturing and learn how to design to prevent them
· Exposure and responsibilities regarding brand maintenance, productivity, and new products
· Close collaboration with plant continuous improvement engineers and potential for lean six sigma training and projects
· Act as R&D point person to building knowledge and provide guidance on product/process issues in daily manufacturing, developing product/process/ingredient knowledge on root causes, and learning how to design formula/process to minimize losses and wastes. Collaborate with plant operations and product development on resolving issues with capability.
· The candidate will independently lead process development projects from design through commissioning, start up, and validation.
· Write design scopes and supporting documentation for obtaining capital approvals as well as properly document and communicate to peers and business partners, project summaries and key findings.
Internal and External Contacts:
· The candidate will interact with peers and technical experts on a daily basis to understand project needs, establish development plans & testing requirements and implement key findings.
· The candidate will interact with direct management on a daily and as needed basis for reviewing recommended action plans, as well as receiving coaching on projects and career plans.
· The candidate will interact with Plant Engineering and Operations on an as needed basis to conduct experiments and to assist in operations troubleshooting needs.
· BS/MS in Food Science, Food Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering
· Minimum 3 Years R&D process engineering experience in a CPG company (with Kraft or other Food & Beverage Company)
· Minimum 1 year Development experience with products which require both formulation and process to create.
Competencies / Abilities:
· Self-Motivated by problem solving and inherent curiosity to understand how things work.
· Ability to work effectively in a team and with others as a key technical member of cross- functional teams
· Strong technical skills in process/chemical engineering
· Ability to handle multiple complex assignments concurrently with high level of autonomy
· Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication
· Executional excellence, personal leadership and customer focus a must
· Ability to learn new processes quickly
· Conducts analysis of results and translates into actionable recommendations
Kraft Foods Group, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Kraft Foods Group, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American’s with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 847 646-6044 for assistance.
: Quality Assurance
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com